Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery of NT after Hard Drive Crash

Hi,

My hard drive crashed but the contents may still be recoverable from the hard drive. I would like to know what additional steps would I need to perform in order to reinstall NT on the new hard drive with the old custom indicators. In order to keep my custom indicators I would like to simply copy and paste the files onto the new hard drive.

I'm referencing the following thread (Post #9) by Jbill who also performed the exact same thing successfully. However, he didn't provide much details.

Hello monti1a,

You will want to preserve this folder from the old hard drive:
    Documents\NinjaTrader 7\

If your indicators are source (.cs files), then you only need to compile within NT in order to access them. Indicators are stored in \bin\custom\indicator

If your indicators are assembly (.dll files) best is to get distribution files (.zip) from any vendors and then reinstall using File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.

If you can't get the distribution files for your assemblies, you could copy over the entire folder and will have access. The issue with this is that references will not likely be correct. References are managed within the NS editor Right Click > References screen. If you get the files brought in but are not sure how to correct bad references, please send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com, and include a link to this thread.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I will try that

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM