Problem with auto trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with auto trail

I was trying to setup an ATM strategy with a trailing stop (Buy 12 contracts and shed 6 at 1.5 points profit target and sell the remaining 6 when a 2 point trailing stop is violated) and used the recommendations from your ATM video training:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Yet, when I do simulated data feed to test it, the remaining 6 contracts do not trail they just sit there at the auto-breakeven stop and do not advance along with the price. The simulated feed was up 6 points plus yet the 6 contracts didn't sell until the price had retreated to the buy point.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help...

Paul

Hi Paul, did you preset all those ATM settings including the stop strategies for the targets before you submitted the trade? Or did you perhaps add the trail as the trade was already running? Are those settings already saved as template or not?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes it is a preset ATM...the one I showed was a screenshot of your video but my ATM is already set yet the trailing stop is not following...Here is an adjustment I made-still no luck:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Am I on the right track..

Comment

Thanks. Can you please try entering for the second target stop strategy only the AutoTrail that would trigger once the AutoBreakeven does for the first target?

Comment

I'm not sure what that means or how to do it but anyway-looks like something I tinkered with worked but if I have any more problems with it I'll let you know. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear, if you have any issues please repost here.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response