Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar won't reset.

Hi,

I often use the market replay function and up 'till now it has been working perfectly.

Today I found that when the time had elapsed (I'm looking at a 1 min chart) the bar doesn't close and open a new one, the data continues to come in on the same bar - as if it was a daily bar rather than a 1 min bar. I dragged the time scale slider further into the day, just to
    see if there was some kind of glitch, but the rest of the day remained in that first 1 min bar.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

JamJar

Hello JamJar,

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Check the 'End date' and 'Session template' settings. Could it be the session template excluded the time of the Market Replay and does the date correspond with the date displayed in the Market Replay control window?

Does the issue persists if you create a new 1 minute chart? Please check if you can reproduce the issue and tell me what steps you performed.

In addition, what NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About (7.0.1000.X).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply, NinjaTrader version is 7.0.1000.6

Within the Data Series window I can see that the chart date has reached expiry, but the text is grey and it won't allow me to change the date - the same goes for when I open a new chart.

Thanks again

JamJar

Comment

Hello,

I would suggest upgrading. You can upgrade by going to Help--> Download Site and downloading the current production release NT V7.0.1000.7. You should be able to do an over-the-top upgrade without uninstalling your current version.

If issues persist, can you please clarify if this data was recorded from a live connection, or was it downloaded from our servers? Exactly which date and instrument and expiry are you seeing this on?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I downloaded the latest version of NinjaTrader and now everything works fine, Thanks very much.

JamJar

Comment

Spoke too soon!

Hi again, went to use the replay function again today - but the same problem is occurring.

The replay data is downloaded from the NinjaTrader library - not a live connection.

It happens on any date I choose within December, anything before that seems OK. Within the 'DataSeries' menu the date is always set at the day before I am trying to replay (eg. if I want to replay 02/12/2011, the expiry date is 01/12/2011).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version, but this has no effect.

Any other ideas because I am almost at a complete loss - could my license key have expired?

Thanks

JamJar
            Last edited by jamjar; 12-04-2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Exactly which contract are you replaying? (E.g. ES 12-11)

What time zone are you in? What time zone is your PC clock set to?

What session template do you have loaded on this chart?

Comment

The contract is ES 12-11, Time Zone is GMT, PC clock is also GMT. Session is RTH. I can replay data previous to December without a problem.

JamJar

Comment

Can you please try deleting your replay data for these dates and downloading again.

You can delete Market Replay file from the following location:

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Open the db folder--> Open the data folder and replay files will be listed by the date they were created (e.g., 20111205).

You can either delete the entire folder to delete the day or you can navigate into the folder and just delete data for a particular instrument

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Leafcutter  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes