Basket of Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket of Trades

I have looked for and not found a solution in NT to a problem which may possibly be considered for future releases. It is possible to set maxprofit and maxLoss values within each strategy. Is there any way within NT, by using a script or by some other means of setting a maxProfit or maxLoss for the net total profit/loss for a basket of instruments that when reached would flatten all orders on currently active strategies? There are scripts available for use in MT4 trading FX and it is a very useful function.
    Thanks
    Karl

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

You can check the PnL of the current running strategy and stop trading with some extra code inputted into the strategy. You can base it off of this sample:

As far as checking your accountPnL or combined PnL between multiple running strategies you only have access to the following:

As far as calculating this in your strategies since in NinjaTrader each strategy runs as its own black box there is no cross communication supported between strategies. It could be possible but would require unsupported programming.

I will also send your suggestion on account wide unrealized PnL access to development.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Development has added this to the list for them to review and it has ID 1415.

Have a great rest of your day.

-Brett

Comment

Thanks Guys - I shall watch for future development with interest as I believe it could be a valuable addition to the NT platform.
        Karl

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes