Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal with IB as a backup feed

G'day,

I am using eSignal as my main connection for data and IB as my backup. My executions go through to IB no worries, but i cannot get data that is not subscribed in eSignal, but subscribed in IB to work in NT. For example, i am subscribed to index futures data though eSignal. I do not have a subscription for QM (the crude oil mini) with eSignal but i do through IB, but i cannot get the data into NT in a chart or market analyzer etc.

Am i missing something here or is this just the way it is?

Actually i even tried setting up IB as my only connection and still could not get data into NT...what am i missing?

Cheers,

CanOz

Hello CanOz,

Thank you for your post.

Due to eSignal offering Equities, Futures, Forex, and Indices as well as IB; when eSignal is connected first NinjaTrader will only look to eSignal for Equities, Futures, Forex, and Indices regardless if you are subscribed to a specific instrument that you are trying to view or not.
    For more information regarding Multiple Connections, please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

So I may investigate your second inquiry on not receiving data from IB when only connected to IB, please answer a few questions:
    1. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About
    2. What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

With the current version of NinjaTrader (7.0.1000.7), it is critical that you use TWS version 917. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I'm up and running with IB as my sole data supplier at the moment. I have the right version of IB...yes.

Still having problems with the QM chart...but my other workspaces are working fine.

CanOz

Comment

Hi CanOz,

Can you please let me know which expiry of QM you're working with?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fixed it...its all good now!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM