Disconnected feed causes strategies to disable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnected feed causes strategies to disable

Even though I have set my strategies to keep running when feed is disconnected and I also have a back up feed, my strategies became disabled when my primary feed dropped. I am using IB with IQFeed for historical data and backup. I can provide log and trace snippets which clearly show this happening.

A somewhat related question... and possibly a clue... When I first started and enabled my strategy, I only had IB running and so it showed IB as the connection. I then started IQFeed after my strategies were enabled. I would really like my strategies to use IQFeed as the primary data source. Do I have to disable and remove my strategies and then start and re-enable them with IQFeed being the first feed that I launch (e.g. start IQFeed before IB). I tried just killing IB hoping that it would revert to IQFeed but per my previous paragraph that did not happen.

Thanks.

Hi joesandyego,

What caused the disconnection? Is it something that happened naturally or you forced by closing TWS? Please send your trace and log files to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and include a link to this thread. Let us know the exact date /time of the disconnection you're wondering about.

NinjaTrader will use the first connection used for data if that connection supports the instrument and interval type. Please see here for more information on how it works with multiple connections:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes