Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install ... Not even starting in Win7

Hiya,

Downloaded NT but so far don't even know how the program looks forget about how it operates!!

NT: Tried both the versions. .7 and .6.
    Error: Same on both versions. As follows:

Unable to connect to database 'Data Source="C:\Users\Shaan\Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\N injaTrader.sdf"': ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid-Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Read thru some of the threads here and tried the following:

1. Activated .net 3.5 SP1 on my windows. No go.
    2. Renamed the .db file. No go.
    3. Tried version 7.0.1000.6 . No Go.

Please advice.

Thankz

Hello Shaan19,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.
    Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 CU4 which is available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2516828/en-us
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Include your latest Log and Trace files.
    You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named log.20111202.txt

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named trace.20111202.txt

Attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Cameron; 12-02-2011, 08:12 AM.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thankz Cameron!!

Appreciate...started fine now. Up n running.

Now...just gotta figure out how good it is.

Thankz!!

Comment

Shaan19,

Glad to hear that did the trick for you.

We have a full support staff available to answer any questions you may have via the Support Forum or email.

Comment

Hi Cameron I had the same issue and this is working for me now too. I must say I was quite disappointed when it crashed the first time I tried to run it. Luckily I found this thread.

I have a few questions and comments surrounding this though...

My Windows 7 x64 is a fairly clean installation (a few programs here and there, all updates applied), I checked the installed programs and the SQL Compact edition (any version) was not installed.

Why does the installer not detect this?...
          The installer should:
          a) check for pre-requisites and notify the user (perhaps with a link and instructions) on what needs to be installed before installing NinjaTrader
          or,
          b) simply do the installation of the required SQL component as part of the NinjaTrader installation

Either of these options would be acceptable and I doubt they would take much to implement.

As it stands right now, the software doesn't make for a very good first impression to the average user due to this flaw. As from your instructions below, there is no way any average user is going to know to perform those steps if their Ninja Trader installation doesn't work. Their only options are to re-install it thinking something went wrong in the installation (technically correct) or to 'start googling'. This doesn't make for a good user experience/first impression.

This is a serious issue for your product and it needs to be fixed. I would suggest taking this back to the developers and making it a high priority to come up with some sort of resolution. If the first thing a user wants to do after installing the program is remove it because it doesn't work, then that is going to directly affect your companies bottom line.

I hope this issue gets the attention it deserves from the right people within your organization.

Comment

rcampbell,

Glad to hear that you were able to find this thread and get up and running.

I'll pass your suggestion along to our Development Team and provide you with any updates they give me on this case.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Comment

Cant download files

I am having this same problem, however, when trying to download the file I am prompted for a username and password. What gives?

Downloaded the file using firefox. Do not use chrome as the browser to download or you will be prompted for authentication.
              Last edited by Rhombus; 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM. Reason: Found solution

Comment

Hello Rhombus,

Could you clarify, are you trying to download NinjaTrader to install on a Mac?

If not, could you please send a note to Support[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with ATTN: Cameron in the subject and a link to this forum post in the body.

This way I can better assist your specific issue.

Comment

I was trying to download the sql hot fix. I have successfully downloaded it now. Thank you.

Comment

Rhombus,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Comment

SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 CU4 download issue with username & password

Originally posted by Rhombus View Post
                      I am having this same problem, however, when trying to download the file I am prompted for a username and password. What gives?

Downloaded the file using firefox. Do not use chrome as the browser to download or you will be prompted for authentication.

I am trying to download the hotfix with IE but I am also prompted for a username and password....what do I do now?

Richbeachbabe

Comment

richbeachbabe,

You can use this alternative link for the SQL Update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                        3 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post PaulMohn  
                        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes