Candlestick color customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candlestick color customization

Does anybody know if it is possible to customize candle wick and outline color separately for up and down? I could only see I can customize candle core color for up/down, the candle wick and oultine color is always identical for up and down.
    If this feature is missing I highly suggest to add this feature. I know It's not difficult for the sotfware developers, as I was a software develper before I become a full time trader.

Originally posted by wzero View Post
    Does anybody know if it is possible to customize candle wick and outline color separately for up and down? I could only see I can customize candle core color for up/down, the candle wick and oultine color is always identical for up and down.
    If this feature is missing I highly suggest to add this feature. I know It's not difficult for the sotfware developers, as I was a software develper before I become a full time trader.

As far as I know those can only be accessed by using the unsupported, undocumented ChartControl methods. You would need to manipulate the properties of the Pens used for those objects.

This post of mine identifies the Pens for wick and outline.

Comment

Thanks a lot koganam!

Comment

I am also interested in playing with these settings. However, being new to NT, I'm not sure where to start looking for the chart objects. Do I need to create a script? For the moment, I really would like to just change the wick color for up or down candles independently. I am coming from an alternative software, and despite how minuscule the issue, it's harder to adjust than expected.

Also, is it possible to change the color of say a down candle with a close above the previous close? i.e. the result of a gap up, bearish close

I do realize this is unsupported, I just thought I would give it a try. Thanks.
        Last edited by IN0V8R; 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

in Big Mike's Trading Forum there is a Indicator that does that.

Comment

Originally posted by IN0V8R View Post
            I am also interested in playing with these settings. However, being new to NT, I'm not sure where to start looking for the chart objects. Do I need to create a script? For the moment, I really would like to just change the wick color for up or down candles independently. I am coming from an alternative software, and despite how minuscule the issue, it's harder to adjust than expected.

Also, is it possible to change the color of say a down candle with a close above the previous close? i.e. the result of a gap up, bearish close

I do realize this is unsupported, I just thought I would give it a try. Thanks.
            It is just C#. You can do pretty much whatever you want, though the NT framework can sometimes get in the way, as do all frameworks eventually.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920