Market too quick and order does not get placed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market too quick and order does not get placed

I would like to know if its possible for Ninjatrader to consider allowing Ninjatrader to CONVERT the order from Stop to Market automatically when it happens to move too quick through your stop.

What happens is that I Right Click on the Chart and when I enter the Stop order, the market has ALREADY moved through the stop order I planned to enter. So I get an ERROR message saying that the Stop cannot be entered above/below current price.

I hope you understand my issue

Thanks

PEDRO

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I would like to know if its possible for Ninjatrader to consider allowing Ninjatrader to CONVERT the order from Stop to Market automatically when it happens to move too quick through your stop.

What happens is that I Right Click on the Chart and when I enter the Stop order, the market has ALREADY moved through the stop order I planned to enter. So I get an ERROR message saying that the Stop cannot be entered above/below current price.

I hope you understand my issue

Thanks

PEDRO
    There is a processing flaw(?)/trick that will allow you to overcome that.
    1. Create your StopEntry order before hand, way above (long example) where you want to place it.
    2. Click on it to select it so that you are ready to drop it at a new location.
    3. Move your mouse to where you will enter.
    4. Click at the entry point and the StopEntry is moved. If the market has moved past it, the entry is immediately filled at market.

Comment

Hi [email protected],

Thanks for your post.

I will forward your suggestion on to our development team! Thanks for this feedback!

koganam,

Thanks for this possible work-around! The assistance is appreciated!
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great Trick!!!!

Wow Kyle!

I am very glad you understood my issue and how to solve it.....

I am so glad I asked the question... what a NEAT trick!!!!! I just tried it and it worked great!

You wont believe how much this will help me...... I have had so many trades got past me and now it wont happen again

Thank you SO MUCH!

PEDRO
        PS: I think you should mention this trick on your manual...... Its so frustrating when you place an order and get an error!

Comment

Konogram,

Your trick works great on SIM mode.

However, when I tried to do it LIVE I get an error saying that I cannot place a Stop Order Above/Below market.

Can you please explain why it does not work well on LIVE? Or am I doing something wrong?

I really loved the trick you mentioned of :

1. Create your StopEntry order before hand, way above (long example) where you want to place it.
          2. Click on it to select it so that you are ready to drop it at a new location.
          3. Move your mouse to where you will enter.
          4. Click at the entry point and the StopEntry is moved. If the market has moved past it, the entry is immediately filled at market.

Does this trick work for LIVE? I tried it twice today and it did not fill

Please let me know

PEDRO

Comment

Please help!

I just tried again on LIVE and this is the Message I get:

"Pedro, Sell orders stop price must be below last trade price affected Order: Sell 2 Stop @ 91.17"

What I tried to do is the trick described here where I place the order before hand and when my conditions trigger I want to move my order into the market so it enters me....... I am missing trades as market moves fast.....

Why does this trick works well on SIM but does not work when I try to do it LIVE???

This is really important for me.........

Thanks!

PEDRO

Comment

I just tried again on LIVE and this is the Message I get:

"Pedro, Sell orders stop price must be below last trade price affected Order: Sell 2 Stop @ 91.17"

What I tried to do is the trick described here where I place the order before hand and when my conditions trigger I want to move my order into the market so it enters me....... I am missing trades as market moves fast.....

Why does this trick works well on SIM but does not work when I try to do it LIVE???

This is really important for me.........

Thanks!

PEDRO
              Some exchanges do not honor it because they do not recognize it as an existing order that was moved. NT Sim correctly recognizes it, and honors it, as in Sim mode NT is the one processing the order, not the exchange.

Who handles your data feed?

Comment

Thanks Kogonam,

I use Zenfire to connect to the Exchanges.... I use Mirrus Futures/ Rosethal Collins Group

I was trading CL when this happened today.

Any recommendations?

Thanks again for your support

PEDRO

Comment

Thanks Kogonam,

I use Zenfire to connect to the Exchanges.... I use Mirrus Futures/ Rosethal Collins Group

I was trading CL when this happened today.

Any recommendations?

Thanks again for your support

PEDRO

Maybe check with your Broker about this also to see if there has to be a Cancel first before a new Stop placed??? I think with my Broker this would be the case.

Comment

Sharon,

Are you able to use this entry technique with your broker?

Thanks for your help

PEDRO

Comment

Sharon,

Are you able to use this entry technique with your broker?

Thanks for your help

PEDRO

No, I haven't used this entry technique with my Broker, I'm just familiar the way their platform works. I know if I DID have a question about what you're talking about, I'd speak to my Broker. They're very helpful and would tell me if what I want to do is possible with them. Remember, the trades are going through them. This way you'd know if the issue is with them or NT. BTW, my Broker is MBTrading.

Just an idea for you. Good luck!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes