Premature Exit on Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premature Exit on Close

Hi, I'm real-time testing a forex strategy using the usd/eur currency pair with a data feed from kinetick, and for some reason, the position that I was in closed itself with an "Exit on Close" order at about 5pm EST, and I'm not sure why.

I don't have any "Exit on Close" orders in my strategy- is there anyway I can disable this feature until the Friday close of the forex market.

Thanks,
    NP.

Hello NP,

You must have configured 'Exit on close' to True when you applied the strategy. You can find this option in the strategy settings window that appears when you apply a strategy (see screenshot).
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Thanks, I see that, and you're correct. But just to be clear, it was my understanding that the forex session starts on Sunday evening and extends all the way to Friday evening without stop?

I don't want to eliminate that automatic "exit on close" that's part of the Ninjatrader prompt, I just don't want it to activate until Friday evening.

NP.

Comment

Yes, but the Forex session template uses an end time of 5:00 PM each day which triggers 'Exit on close'.

You could create a custom session template that uses one row that runs from Sunday to Friday. That way it has only one end time, so 'Exit on close' will only trigger on Friday. You can create custom session templates in the Session Manager. More information can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent, thanks. I'll take a look and post back if I have any questions.

NP.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes