X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real time problem with Interactive Brokers

Hi

i started my first strategy in real time with IB TWS

Monday morning, i started my strategy with "wait until flat before executing live"

Monday evening i shut down my computer after the closing with an open long position with stop and target orders.

Today morning, (Tuesday), before the market opens, i change the option to "immediately submit live working historical orders", because i assume than the strategy position and the account position are in the same way (long).

i launched IB TWS, the connection is ok, i can see my long position, the stop and target orders appear on Ninja "Orders" page but with the Strategy ID column blank (no name of my strategy).

I'm little bit worried about that and i decide to launch the same strategy but in sim101 account... at 12:00 (mid day) my strategy on sim101 is closing the position and is canceling all the orders (stop and profit)... but nothing happens on the strategy with IB.. the long position is still here and the stop and target orders as well...

can you help ?

Hello,

It would be expected for the strategy to cancel the position and stops/targets as they will not match the previously generated orders.

As long as the strategy can match the orders on your IB account, you should see the strategy mapped to these orders.

There are two ways this can behave with this setting depending on if you have Sync account position = true or false. I would suggest reviewing our Help Guide article on these two options (Immediately submit live working historical orders, Sync account position = true / Sync account position = false) to determine how you would like to this to behave when you start the strategy:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi

this morning i started my strategy

"immediately submit live order" "Sync account = false"

because on the guide it is write :
      This combination should only be used when you are sure your Account Position is the way you want it to be in relation to the Strategy Position prior to strategy start.

it is exactly what i want, restart my strategy from yesterday (long position with a stop and target order)

this morning, NT did not cancel the position and/or order... just accepted them.

I don't know why the strategy on sim101 is working and not the one in real time with IB...

Comment

I'm sorry i'm not following - you started the strategy on the live account?

When you did that, do you see the same strategy vs account position?

Were you expected the live orders and position to cancel? Or were you wanted them to sync up?

Comment

Hi Matthew

sorry for my bad explantion

- you started the strategy on the live account?
          Yes, i started it yesterday on live (Interactive Broker), i shut down my computer yesterday with an open position (long)

- When you did that, do you see the same strategy vs account position?
          yes, this morning, when i started NT and IB, i saw the long position opened yesterday on NT and on IB, and i saw the stop and target order appeared on the "Orders" page of NT...

Were you expected the live orders and position to cancel? Or were you wanted them to sync up?
          I wanted to see the strategy continuing from yesterday... so with the stop and target order...

this is why i enable on the option "directly submit order" and "Sync account = false", because the strategy position and the account position were long together from yesterday...

my strategy is based on the "Trade System Evaluation as published in March 09 Stocks and Commodities Magazine" than you can find on the forum Ninja script File Sharing Ninja7 Strategies....

Comment

Hello,

Based on your description, it sounds like the strategy synced up correctly.

The stop orders were submitted to the market and the strategy is running. You also report that the strategy position matches the account position.

This would indicate that the strategy should be working as correctly. However if any of these items are no the case, please let us know.

Comment

ok i will try a new time... make some screen print... and if it is not working, i will let you know and send to you all the screen print.

Comment

Thank you - if you have any questions or would like any clarification in the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask.

Comment

Hi Matthew

i tested it a new time, and i'm sorry but it is not working... the order are not mapping after the restart, i made some screen print to show you all the scenario...

please give me the email adress where i can send it with the explanation...

Comment

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with attn: Matthew in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

Comment

ok i just send it !

i'm waiting your answer...

Comment

Ninja Trader 7.0 Issue

Disclaimer: 1st let me apologize for asking a noob question, and I admit I did not look long to see if this questions has already been asked and answered a thousand times already.

While using NT with Interective Brokers (IB), my charts are missing 2hrs of the market, the chart data ends at 14:15. I have tried using Kinetick-End Of Day data and I am getting the same results.

Please help...

I would also like to add that I have to say I miss the way the old Ninja Trader 6.5 worked, I found it much easier to load various stock symbols without having to edit much of anything, or nothing at all.

I will continue looking searching the forum and the Ninja Trader site for the answers I seek, but any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

- Trin

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Please right click on the chart and select data series and change the session template to something that is an ETH or extended trading hours template so that the data is not hidden.

The Kinetick EOD is only good for daily data and does not include instraday or live data.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jclose
                          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                          10 responses