Cannot show pre-market or after market data on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot show pre-market or after market data on chart

I could not see any bars for the pre-market and after market hours for the GLD instrument on my 30-min chart. I have set the instrument's session to Default 24/7 and on the chart, to use the instrument's session. However, on MB Trading desktop's chart, I could see the pre-market and after market bars.

Please advise how I could configure the chart so that I could see these data.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Once you changed the session template in right click->data series can you please right click on the chart and select reload historical data.

Do you get any errors.

If not are you missing data? If so what hours?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Don't have any error re-loading the data. I checked the historical data and found that the data between 5am and 10:30am are missing for all of the days. (I'm in GMT+8 time zone). However, on my MB Trading Desktop chart, I could see prices for that same missing period.

Wonder if I need to configure the instrument to be of certain type in order for the Ninjatrader to try and download the complete data from MB Trading server.

Comment

Hello,

There should be no extra configuration needed, Please check that historical data is enabled.

Please confirm you have historical data enabled with the steps I have provided below.
        • Disconnect
        • Tools
        • Account Connections
        • Select your connection
        • Change
        • Next
        • Historical Data-->Enabled
        • Next
        • Next Finish
        • Reconnect

Now also, check the log tab. Do you see any errors such as errClientSideConnect or anything like that?

How many days back of historical data are you requesting?

Comment

Hi Brett,

I did the configuration as per your suggestion. Under the historical data, checked "Use MBTrading servers" (equiv to Enabled) and clicked Next -> Finish. I then closed the entire NT7 and re-run it. When I loaded the chart, I did not encounter any error like errClientSideConnect (I understand that MBT put a constraint to burst subtantial data request). I requested for 5 days' data only.

I've also tried deleting the December data, then downloaded it again via the Historical Data Manager but to no avail.

I also noted that the bars are also not correct ie. certain bar supposed to be green, it's shown as red. I compared with both MBT Desktop and ThinkOrSwim 60-min chart. Both MBT and TOS charts show the same bars information but NT7 is not.

My instrument GLD is configured as "stock" type, tick size 0.01,point val. 1. Exchange is default. The session is "Default 24/7".

Comment

In this case I would want to do a quick remote session to see whats going on. It might be some settings specific to this instrument. Please email into support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post and include your phone number so that I may give you a quick call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888