Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank charts when time frame lower than daily

Hi,

I am using NT7 with Kinetick data feed. I am having a few issues and would appreciate if someone could offer an insight into some/all of them:

1. After connecting to the data stream I can only display daily or bigger time frame charts. If I change the time frame to anything smaller (hourly, 5min, etc) the charts go blank

2. I imported a hWAP indicator, which was imported successfully. However, I do not see any lines popping up on the chart after I import it.

Thanks,
    Ashton

Hello ash_s_83,

If you are connecting to the Kintetick- End of Day feed you will only have access to historical Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data. You will not receive historical intra-day data or real time data.

You will need to add the indicator to your chart. You can do this by right clicking on the chart, selecting Indicators. Then in the Indicators window, select the indicator from the list and click New. The indicator should now be added to the chart.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt response. I tried adding the vwap indicator using the method you described, but I still don't see anything on the chart. As a sanity check, I tried adding other indicators like volume bars and they were all added to the chart...

My guess is that the vwap indicator doesn't run properly on a daily chart with historic data... Is there a modified version of the vwap indicator that has been tested to run on a daily chart with older data?

Thanks,
      Ashton

Comment

Hello ash_s_83,

You are correct, the vwap indicator does not run on daily charts.

Some of our users have created a daily vwap indicator. One such posting in on the link below.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes