Semi Automatic Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Automatic Trading

I would like to make a system that is semi automatic. What do I mean by that. Well, I want the system to automatically take the entries and put initial stop and profit target in. Then I want it to let me manage the trade from there. I also want to be able to tell the system to look for longs or shorts or both or even turn it off depending on the general condition of the market. So if I deem that the market is to bearish I would select a button that says shorts only and if to bullish then again select a button that says longs only and if range bound then select a button for both long and short entries.

Can this be done, before I invest many, many hours to learn to code this stuff?

Blessed,

Unfortunately this isn't possible currently without some advanced coding. You may be able to find a programmer that could implement some of what you say, however orders that strategies make are local to the strategy only, so even if in theory it would be possible to modify the order the way you mention using some advanced C# coding, this is currently not supported.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok... thanks for quick answer. So can I just set the stop and profit target and then let it run to conclusion of that trade? I think so correct. Secondly.... can I set up those buttons I outlined to choose long only short only or both? depending on market conditions?

Comment

Blessed,

Yes, you can set-up stop losses, take profits, etc. You can even use ATM strategies you have created to manage orders placed with automated strategies. As far as your second question, yes, you could make a user defined input that would only allow it to enter longs, or short, etc. You couldn't create buttons without someone to code you some GUI elements, but you could access this user defined input in the strategy properties and set it whenever you felt like it.

Comment

Proprietary Indicators

If I have a successful strategy and I get a coder to code it what kind of assurance can be taken that they don't then disclose my system to another third party?

Comment

Blessed,

I would recommend asking them if they are willing to sign a Non-disclosure agreement, though details on this are best left up to you and a law professional.

Our Business Development dept. says most would be willing to sign such a form if requested by a client. I am not sure how many of them do this as standard procedure.

Here is a link to some of our NinjaScript consultants.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
            0 responses