OCO Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO Orders

I have been running an automated strategy with NT and IB for about 10 months. I have a strategy linked to 4 accounts. Today my buddy and his brother decided to override the strategy and sell their NQ contract early. They stopped their strategy by checking it to off and then changed the sell price on their OCO limit order. When they sold their contract the OCO profit target limit order for the other two accounts got cancelled for some reason. Why would or how could limit orders working on two separate accounts be cancelled when two non-related accounts sold? My stop orders remained working just the profit target orders were cancelled.

Hello 561timw,

Please have them use Help > Mail to support feature for this incident so we can review the trace and log files. Include a link to this thread, and the exact date time when it occurred.

If they have any difficulty sending these files, they can attach manually in an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. If it happened today, files will be dated 20111207

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem happened again today. I am running two separate strategies on the NQ. It is possible for 1 to be long and 1 to be short the NQ at the same time. This morning I went long the NQ in one strategy and shortly after went short the NQ in another. When my long trade hit the stop out price my profit target on my short trade was cancelled leaving just my stop (thankful it was not the other way around but this makes me very nervous). Also, later in the day 3 of the accounts all went long the NQ using different instances of the same strategy we then turned off the strategies and two of us moved up our stop and got stopped out but the remaining open long was not impacted (the limit profit target order was not cancelled). So it seems that the strategy is for some reason cancelling the profit target for no apparent reason.

Also I sent the trace logs please confirm you received them.

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I did not receive an email yet. If you know the ticket number (will be 6 digit # in email subject for all mail sent from us), please send a quick note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com Attn: RyanM. Include the ticket # you were provided.

Comment

Please confirm you have my trace files and are reviewing.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, we have sent two follow up messages by email. Please check your spam/junk folder if they are there. Let us know if you did not receive these messages.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post f.saeidi  
            Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
            3 responses