Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Crashing on loading

Hi NT support,

Doing a new trading comp build and just loaded some other software, after the reboot, NT does not want to loadup anymore.

The error message I get is

Unable to connect to database 'DataSource="C:\Users\User\Documents\NinjaTrader7\ db\NinjaTrader.sdf"': ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I've tried to uninstall NT7 and re-install, no luck I get the same message.

MBT 11.8.0.38 - as per instructions, this is fine, i'm able to log into MBT directly.

What do I need to do to fix this?

thanks,
    Vince

Hello,

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition.

Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 CU4 which is available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2516828/en-us
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know and email support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your phone number and a reference to this thread so that I may call you to further assist
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks, your fix worked like a treat, all is as it should be.

Is there a particular reason this happened? So I can avoid this happening again.

thanks again,
      Vince

Comment

Since this was a new computer, it either had an incorrect version of SQL installed, or was not installed at all.

Running regular windows updates, or running all required updates after loading a new PC should ensure you have all the required files for NinjaTrader to run.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes