Tick time frame selection in chart top toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick time frame selection in chart top toolbar

When I'm using a tick based ES Chart, the second drop down menu in the toolbar only gives me 1 minute, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, etc minute intervals. Why haven't they implemented tick intervals in this drop down menu when I'm looking at a tick based ES chart? I understand I have to go to the Data Series window to change the tick intervals, but when will Ninjatrader have the ability to switch tick sizes on the fly in the toolbar itself?

NT 7 has some of the most tedious menus ever, can this be updated? Seriously, has anyone not noticed this?

Hello dennho,

You can quickly change timeframes in charts by typing the new timeframe. Please see the link below under 'How to change a Data Series' for information.

To change bar series:

Type interval value plus the interval suffix (Value +suffix). Examples: "5M" for 5 minute bars, "100T" for 100 tick bars, etc.

Available suffixes & interval:

M
    Minute

T
    Tick

V
    Volume

R
    Range

S
    Second

D
    Day

W
    Week

MO
    Month

Y
    Year

RE
    Renko
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried this, but I would have to type "ES (space) 03-12" 512T or whatever, every time.
      I understand you are trying to give advice, but this is still quite a cumbersome method of changing time frames.

I would like to make a suggestion to the developers about this, but I'm not sure if it would ever get through. It really is quite simple, you know, there's obviously more than one way to chart an instrument, more than with just minute charts. A drop down menu of tick intervals would make the most sense.

Didn't NT 6.5 have this feature?

Comment

Hello dennho,

I will forward your suggestion to add tick intervals in the interval drop down menu of the chart toolbar to Development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by dennho View Post
          I tried this, but I would have to type "ES (space) 03-12" 512T or whatever, every time.
          I understand you are trying to give advice, but this is still quite a cumbersome method of changing time frames.

I would like to make a suggestion to the developers about this, but I'm not sure if it would ever get through. It really is quite simple, you know, there's obviously more than one way to chart an instrument, more than with just minute charts. A drop down menu of tick intervals would make the most sense.

Didn't NT 6.5 have this feature?
          I'd like ticks short-cut menu be added too.

Comment

The suggestion to add tick intervals in the interval drop down menu is assigned to ID# 566

Comment

Thanks for the update. Can the interval of the drop down menu match that of the current data series? Such as if I have a tick based chart, its tick intervals, minutes for a minute chart, and range in drop down for a range based chart?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80