SGXNK through AMP futures and CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGXNK through AMP futures and CQG

I'm trying to add the sgx nikkei contract to the instrument manager and I found the thread specifying how to do it with interactive brokers. I followed the steps that were taken there except under symbol map i wrote nk next to cqg. I think I have it right, I just wanted to make sure there's nothing else I need to change. Thanks.

Hello PSano,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum.

The SGX Nikkei 225 Index (Yen) will need to be set to "ZNA" rather than "NK" for CQG in the Symbol Map section of the MISC tab in the Instrument Editor window.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly. I really wasn't anticipating that at all. The only thing I'm having an issue with is under Session Template, I don't see anything like what you posted as an option, the closest thing is SGX Index Future.

Comment

Hello PSano,

Which build of NinjaTrader are you using? To check, please click Help > About.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Trader 64-bit 7.0.1000.7 (Direct Live) It was the newest one I saw when I downloaded it a couple days ago.

Comment

Hi PSano,

Could you please open the Session Manager (Tools > Session Manager) and check to see if the template exists there?

The template shown in Patrick's image should be available in the 7.0.1000.7 release.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't see it there, just the sgx index future I referenced earlier

Comment

Hello PSano,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to schedule a support call with you today. I just need a few things from you before our call. Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with "ATTN: Patrick post: 46094" in the subject line. And list the following information.
                • A phone number where you can be reached
                • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone)
                • Launch our remote support application from the following link, http://www.ninjatrader.com/remotesupport. Once launched, the application will provide you with an ID# and password. I will need these from you once I have you on the phone.

I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Patrick,but I seem to have gotten it cleared up. I uninstalled everything and deleted the ninja trader folders from mydocuments. I think they may have been there from a previous install and messed with things. When I reinstalled everything came right up for me. I really appreciate all the quick help from you guys. Thanks again.
                  -Paul

Comment

Having the same issue trying to add CNX Nifty through the sgx with CQG data. Thanks.

Comment

Hello PSano,

Thank you for your response.

Please go to Tools > Instrument Manager > type "IN" in the name field > click Search.
                      You should see the S&P CNX Nifty Index in the search results.
                      Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list:
                      • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                      • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                      • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                      • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Comment

Cant get data for Nifty50 futures

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                        Hello PSano,

Please go to Tools > Instrument Manager > type "IN" in the name field > click Search.
                        You should see the S&P CNX Nifty Index in the search results.
                        Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list:
                        • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                        • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                        • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                        • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

I am trying to get the S&P CNX Nifty Index Futures data from AMP (CQG data) and this trades on the SGX exchange. I tried searching for IN in instrument manager and it does not appear. I also tried creating a new instrument using a base name of EN (per the AMP website instrument info). Then I searched the CQG database and found it states the base symbol is ZIN, which I also tried to no avail.

I am connected to AMP and have no issues with American and European instruments.
                        Last edited by coolmoss; 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Thank you for your post.

Please reset your instrument in NinjaTrader and restart NinjaTrader.
                          To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once complete please search for the IN once more in NinjaTrader and advise if you find the Index.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                            Hello coolmoss,

Thank you for your post.

Please reset your instrument in NinjaTrader and restart NinjaTrader.
                            To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once complete please search for the IN once more in NinjaTrader and advise if you find the Index.
                            Thanks! That did the trick. On another note, please see the attached screenshot showing the error message I've been receiving over last few weeks whenever I shut down Ninja. I shut it down from Control Center, no different than I have for years. I can't see anything wrong with the operation. But this error worries me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	867057

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 579781' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=46094

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rocketman7