Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discretionnary exit in TWS

Hi,

I didn't find an answer to this in the forum but I'm probably not the only one interested.

My strategy runs on ninja and submits orders to TWS 24/5, so it also rund when I'm at work. I was asking myself what would happen when I'm at my office PC and manually exit a position entered by the system in TWS.

As I understant it, if sync account position = true, ninjatrader immediately enters the position again. So I switch it to false.

If sync account position = false the system doesn't enter the trade again. But what happens when the system exit condition becomes true? Will ninja submit the exit order, so that I end up with an open position in my IB account?

Or maybe there are other solutions to stop a ninja system when I'm not in front of the pc?

Thanks for any help

Marco

Marco, sync account position is only run at strategy start-up, so NinjaTrader would continue behaving as if it were still in the same position until you shut down the strategy or re-enter the original position.

I do know a member has been developing a remote control app (iPhone, Android) for NinjaTrader but we do not provide support for it - http://www.ninjaterminal.com/
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin, thank you for the clarification on the account sync.

The App looks great, it would really be usefull to monitor the strategys from my iphone. I understand that you don't provide support for it, but maybe you can tell me how I can find out more on the security of the ninjaterminal app. I'm concerned whether it may allow someone to have access to my trading. I'll try to fond out more about this project.

Marco

Comment

marco,

I am responding on behalf of Austin.

Unfortunately we wouldnt have information on this. I would suggestion contacting the developer.

Please let us know if you require additional assistance.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes