Ditch the () next to last price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditch the () next to last price

The volume of the last executed transaction displayed next to the last traded price in the DOM price column in the parens (e.g. "(42) 1230.50") is useless in today's markets; any relevant transactions are never even printed due to the speed of the markets. It only serves to shift the last traded price out of alignment with the rest of the prices in the column. Will you please consider just getting rid of this, or at least give me the option to hide it? It cannot be used for any useful purpose.

JoshDance,

Are you using the Dynamic SuperDOM? You can click the "Hold" button in the upper left of the DOM window to prevent the ladder from moving. Another option for you would be to use the Static SuperDOM, however please be aware you need to purchase TT credits for its use due to a patent held by Trading Technologies.

Since the DOM in SuperDOM stands for Depth-of-Market, its intended design is to show you these volumes. I will suggest to development on your behalf that level 2 data be optional to display in the DOM.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require additional assistance.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JoshDance View Post
      The volume of the last executed transaction displayed next to the last traded price in the DOM price column in the parens (e.g. "(42) 1230.50") is useless in today's markets; any relevant transactions are never even printed due to the speed of the markets. It only serves to shift the last traded price out of alignment with the rest of the prices in the column. Will you please consider just getting rid of this, or at least give me the option to hide it? It cannot be used for any useful purpose.
      I agree that the last executed trade next to the price in the DOM does not help and it moves the prices to the right.

It would be best if the 'last trade' could be replaced to show 'total amount of orders printed at the best bid/ask'.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
        JoshDance,

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require additional assistance.
        Adam, I don't think you understand my post. Please read this part again:

The volume of the last executed transaction displayed next to the last traded price in the DOM price column in the parens (e.g. "(42) 1230.50") is useless in today's markets

Comment

Josh,

Ahh yes. So you want to have the (volume) optional on the price ladder itself. Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Thank you Adam -- I understand you guys are hesitant to touch the DOM code. However, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single trader who actually uses it.

Comment

Thank you Adam -- I understand you guys are hesitant to touch the DOM code. However, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single trader who actually uses it.
              Huh? I use it. I actually like having that number in the parentheses. Not for the number itself, but I like seeing the "last price" number offset to the right, to emphasize visually the location of the last price (after staring at too many colors, the colors lose their meaning).
              -A

Comment

Originally posted by anachronist View Post
                Huh? I use it. I actually like having that number in the parentheses. Not for the number itself, but I like seeing the "last price" number offset to the right, to emphasize visually the location of the last price (after staring at too many colors, the colors lose their meaning).
                -A
                Great, then maybe we can have an option to display it or not. The problem is that it's not even a consistent offset, as it depends on the size in the parens.

Comment

JoshDance,

The tracking number for your suggestion is #313

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
                    JoshDance,

The tracking number for your suggestion is #313

How do we use the tracking number?

Comment

pbylina,

Whenever you ask about this feature and its status in the future, you can refer to the tracking number so we know what you are referring to. We have a tracking system where we keep all user suggestions and update their status periodically.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rtwave
                      by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                      7 responses