IB TWS Issue NT connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB TWS Issue NT connecting

The issue I am having is that when I tried to login to my IB account via NT, the TWS opened, but NT never got the green connection status on the NT bottom left status bar.

What prompted me to post this issue was that it seemed to work on another computer that had the latest TWS version on it, but I just got a new computer and installed NT and TWS latest versions on both.
    Thanks

Hi designer,

Thanks for your post.

Which build of TWS are you running? To check, please click Help > About Trader Workstation.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TWS Build 921

Comment

Hi designer,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please shut down NinjaTrader and TWS, then install the 917.8 build with this direct link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_917_8.exe

After installing this version, please restart NinjaTrader and attempt to connect to IB - is the connection successful?

Comment

I installed the TWS version from your link but now I am not able to open TWS at all nor from NT nor alone...

Comment

Hello,

Can you please try and older build of TWS on your PC.

Please uninstall TWS and then install this version. Will it now login?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

To confirm I re-installed TWS v921 again and it opens OK....NT can not connect to TWS v921 still.
              I called Interactive Brokers and said that older versions of TWS do not work with Windows 7 properly any more. only windows XP.
              I need to have Ninja Trader and TWS work with Windows 7 ... My XP machine is old and not powerfull enough anymore.
              What shall we do?
              Thanks

Comment

On these PC's we have been using 911 with success.

Please see my post below for the download link. Download that and let me know if you are able to connect.

-Brett

Comment

Why can't I use the current TWS version?

Comment

Hello designer,

When possible, we update our supported version of IB’s Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release. Due to the number of releases IB has, we may be behind their current release, simply because we may not update our platform at the same time they do. It is also important to note that we can only begin testing new versions of TWS once those releases have been publicly made available, this also contributes to the time required to update the to the our supported version of TWS.

Comment

I am not able to run IB TWS version 911 as shown in link of this thread below. I get this message

"The version of the application you are running, 911.3, is no longer supported.
                      Please download the current version from our web site "

Is there a newer version of TWS that Ninja Trader supports?
                      Thanks

Comment

Hello,

The supported version of TWS for NinjaTrader is 917.

This can be downloaded from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

TWS 917 does not work at all.
                          Since a couple of weeks there was a IB message that support willl be stopped for older versions of TWS, so I installed the latest issue build 922.6. Then I can log in with TWS, however there is no connection with Ninja Trader possible. So I consulted this forum and on advice of Brett , I downloaded and installed version 917. But that version will not even log in. So reinstalled 922.6. With that version , log in is possible but no connection to Ninja. For back-up I use TradeStation. TradeStation works flawlessly with the latest TWS version. I hope Ninja will soon find a solution.

Jaap

Comment

Hello,

In this case please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Management in the subject line and I will send you an updated build.

-Brett

Comment

Hello Brett,

kindly escalate this issue to your management. I am a big fan and supporter of NinjaTrader. I do public appearances with it and talk very positive about your SW.

However as Jaap pointed out a big problem is coming your way. I get a message every time I log into my TWS (v 917.8) that it will not be supported from 24. 2. 2012. You had a long time since v 917.8 to fix the issue with TWS connection but obviously did not need to do it.

When version 917.8 will no longer be supported you will loose me after many years as well as number of other traders I believe.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sam2515