X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Channel Tool Version 8...

Fixed 4567
    Charts
    Scrolling on chart with a Trend Channel that has lines extended left/right could make the Trend Channel disappear

Did a clean install of version 8...the trend channel tool appears to work the same as before....as soon as the setup line exits the left side of screen the parallel line disappears....

Video on this...

http://www.screencast.com/t/G82nYt3bb8By

Any suggestions....??

Is this new drawing objects or old ones?

-Brett

Comment

Brett....that is a new Trend Channel tool object on a clean chart on some replay data....on a clean install of NT this morning...

Can you duplicate...??

thanks....

Comment

cannot duplicate thus far. Does it only happen for you in market reply?

Can you take a screenshot of your settings for the trend channel.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Screen shot of Trend Channel properties attached below...

Just tried on some simulated data...works the same way....trend channel disappears when setup line exits left side of screen...tried deleting Trend channel in NT template area...reformatted...still works the same....

Can you do a video of how this works for you ??...

Thanks...
          Attached Files

Comment

Brett....did another install...did not do a restore this time....the Trend channel tool works OK now...parrallel line remains on screen after right end of setup line exits left side of screen...!!.

Is there a file I could delete after a restore that would fix this without doing everything over again....hotkeys etc ??

Thanks....

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. Checking with development to see if there is anything that could cause this.

Comment

Brett....playing around with this on another new install....have discovered the Trend channel tool (chart and tool set to global) works OK now on a single series chart....like a 5 tick chart...parallel line does not disappear initially...but later creating another similar chart the tool line will now disappear....

But on a multi series chart...say a 1 second chart with a 225 second box bar added...then the chart and Trend channel tool set to global all charts does not seem to work....the parallel line disappears as soon as the right end of the setup line exits left of screen....even if chart is set to false global and tool set to 1 second chart parallel line still disappears.......or for example a 5 tick and 8 tick multi series...similarly, the parallel line then disapears...Trend channel tool does not seem to work properly for me on any multi series chart however the chart and tool may be set up....

Can you duplicate this....any suggestions on how to set up or fix...??

Thanks.....
                Last edited by Alfred; 12-12-2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks as usual for your efforts Alfred. The fix for R8 was specifiically addressing an issue on TrendChannels using extended lines as option, it would not impact the known limitation you've run into here on MultiSeries chart anchors.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Testing 1 2 3...

Testing the Trend Channel now on a single series chart...as soon as the trend line
                    exits the left side of the chart the parallel line disappears....I thought this had been fixed at one point (??).

The parallel line also still disappears on multi series charts in a similar manner....believe this has never been fixed so far...

Comment

Alfred, which chart are you on? Just tested a single series ES 5min and could not hit it either on the regular, parallel or extended lines.

Comment

3 2 1....

Bertrand....tried on a 5 tick NQ equidistant false chart (no template in a fresh workspace)....I do seem to remember this worked OK previously.

Most of my charts multiseries...box bars etc...would be nice it this worked there....

Thanks....

Comment

Looked further into Alfred, can't seem to hit it here. If you have a few mins would you mind emailing me a jing clip perhaps to support so I could exactly follow along?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post SantoshXX  
                          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes