Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Bar Charts

Hi...

I am just kind of curious how tick bar charts areprogrammed in NT. In comparing say an 8 tick bar chart in NT with an 8 tick bar chart In Tradestation, there are not as many bars in NT for similar amounts of time. (I am usings Pats data in NT...and it seems to run tick for tick with TS pretty much.)

All of the pivots and patternsetc in the NT charts are accurate, butthey are not as articulate as in TS for similar tick bars. A 2 tick bar chart in NT comes close to the articulate patterns of an 8 tick bar chart in TS for example...but still does not have quite as many bars for similar amounts of time.

I canquite happily live with the NT charts the way they are now....I am just kind of curious how they are formed re ticks per bar.....this is amajoradvance where youcan now see orders and positions on a chart andbe able to move them etc....thiscan bequite helpful. And it is nice to have a backup chart to TS when their data stream may occasionally go haywire.

Thanks....

imported post

Tick bars are built from incoming data from your pats broker. Most likely the pats feed just provides different ticks than TS.

BTW: This is a general issue while comparing tick charts built from data from different providers.

Comment

imported post

Dierk....yes, you are correct...examining a one tick bar chart in NT and Tradestation....their are noticeably less ticks in the Pats data in similar time frames....however in the dome the NT/Pats prices trade pretty much tick for tick with TradeStation...so Pats may be filtering out identical same price seqential ticks that TradeStation does not perhaps.

Thanks....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes