Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error validating request:-'hc' What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error validating request:-'hc' What is this?

Hi,
    I looked at my log when I noticed that NT was not updating historical data (for example, if I opened a VXZ minute chart with today as an end date and 5 days of data, it would only show data to yesterday at 12:30 - not today's data or anything after yesterday at 12:30).

My log showed the following error right before 12:30 yesterday when I enabled my strategies:

12/12/2011 12:10:20 PM|3|4|Error validating request:-'hc' : cause - The symbol or the local-symbol or the security id must be entered ServerValidateError

I noticed that this error seemed to only appear for strategies that were in historical trades when enabled and the problem with frozen historical data only seemed to occur for these same strategies. It appears only once for each affected strategy right at the time that the strategies are enabled.

I am running the identical stategy on other instruments that are not in historical trades and they do not produce this error.

I was able to reproduce the error today

I am running IQFeed as my primary data feed (started first). I use IB as my broker (started second) with the selection not to get historical data from IB servers. Neither pointing to each other as back-up.

Anyways, if someone can point me in a direction (e.g is this an IQFeed issue, IB issue, NT issue, ...) and description of what I should be looking for. Anything would help my debugging efforts.

Also, can you please confirm that with the above datafeed configuration that NT will or will not ever get historical or real-time data from IB? I do not want it to ever get data from IB if possible.

Also, I am able to force NT to update the historical data in the affected charts by right clicking and clicking on Reload All Historical Data

My other settings:
    StrategySync=SubmitImmediately SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=False Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=90 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=False CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=False MaxRestarts=99 in 5 minutes

Thanks

Hello,

You are correct connecting to IQFeed first will get all data from IQFeed.

I'm sure you have tried a restart of NinjaTrader already on this? Furthermore does it only happen with certain instruments. If you try with AAPL does it occur?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Yes. I have restarted NT and also reloaded my strategies. It seems to do it with any strategy with active historical trades.

Comment

Hello,

In this case, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ote=1&p=266901

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin