Cannot Zoom Back Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Zoom Back Out

Does anyone know why that sometimes when I Zoom In, it becomes "permanent" and will not let me Zoom back out.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

What steps are you taking to zoom out? Do you use the zoom tool or are you changing the scale of the chart by clicking and dragging on the time axis?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew:

Thanks for the RAPID response. Your reply got me to see if I had inadvertently changed the scale. Voila, that was it. I guess I must have done that thinking I was sliding the chart along the time line.

Thanks again. ;>)

Comment

Steve,

Happy to help!

Enjoy the holidays.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Zoom-in, Zoom-out

In connection with this topic, I found this tool bar function very inconvenient to use. Can this be reprogammed so that it will behave like that function in Acrobat's PDF page? Like clicking the "+" key reduces the number of bars on the visible page instead of dragging the cursor on the page that's so tough to control in terms of size of the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by RayMo View Post
            In connection with this topic, I found this tool bar function very inconvenient to use. Can this be reprogammed so that it will behave like that function in Acrobat's PDF page? Like clicking the "+" key reduces the number of bars on the visible page instead of dragging the cursor on the page that's so tough to control in terms of size of the bars.
            You can use 'Ctrl + Down' and 'Ctrl + Up' to zoom in or out or alternatively you can buy a mouse like the Logitech VX revolution that has the facility to program buttons, scroll wheel and or the 'zoom' button. These can be programmed individually for different applications within the mouses control center. Just a little quicker than using the buttons provided but not much!! If you had a simple '+' and '-', how would it know which bit of the chart you want to zoom in on, its not like a document that has a boundary - the edge of the page is defined - the end of the chart is only defined by your stored data, the chart could be 100 bars or 100,000 bars. Which bar does the '+' button zoom in on?
            Last edited by stocktraderbmp; 01-15-2012, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stocktraderbmp View Post
              You can use 'Ctrl + Down' and 'Ctrl + Up' to zoom in or out or alternatively you can buy a mouse like the Logitech VX revolution that has the facility to program buttons, scroll wheel and or the 'zoom' button. These can be programmed individually for different applications within the mouses control center. Just a little quicker than using the buttons provided but not much!! If you had a simple '+' and '-', how would it know which bit of the chart you want to zoom in on, its not like a document that has a boundary - the edge of the page is defined - the end of the chart is only defined by your stored data, the chart could be 100 bars or 100,000 bars. Which bar does the '+' button zoom in on?
              Thanks, but your idea did not work for me. I found what worked: sliding the cursor on the X-axis, then sliding it again on the chart itself.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80