• Show
Clear All

time scale discrepency

Click image for larger version

Name:	timescalent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	547.8 KB
ID:	898029Hello,

I noticd a time scale discrepency on my charts. One chart shows the proper time (current local time). The other one jumps from 8:33 to 19:12 (it should read 8:55). Both charts are set to defualt 24/7 scale. The only difference the first chart is based on time (15 min) the other is a tick chart (240 tick)--this should not affect the local time scale. I attached a screenshot. Is this a bug or do I have something set wrong?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by norton300; 12-16-2011, 02:48 PM.

Hi norton300,

Thanks for the post. What data provider are you using? What are your current time and time zone settings? Both settings are important for labeling chart bars, and you can check this typically by double clicking the time in the lower right corner of your chart.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I'm on the AMP CQG demo data feed. The template session is set to default 24/7 for the chart. Double clicking on the time lower right didn't bring up a menu. I can left mouse click, but I don't see any oprions to set the time zone. It was my understanding that you could not set the time zone. I thought it got the information from my computer's time zone data? I am in the Pacific Time zone. So, are you saying I can set time zones?

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

Yes, NT will use your PC clock and Time zone settings, so they must be accurate. What are yours set to currently?

Comment

I'm set to pacific time 12:37. I also noticed if I open two exact same charts at different times the tick counts per bar lag and I get different looking charts. Is this normal. This happens on both AMP CQG and Zenfire data feeds.

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

I uploaded a new image to my first post showing the different looking charts.

Comment

I don't see any issue with the second screenshot. The first one you posted showed some strange time stamps but these are no longer seen in your latest tick charts. If you are still seeing those time stamps on either real time or historical data, please let us know by sending an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. We would like to take a look via remote assistance. Include a link to this thread.

Comment

Please forgive me I am new to Ninja. I ended up creating new charts. I doesn't show up now. Although the new image I attached shows two charts created exactly the same way. Should they not be exactly the same? Or am I missing something? They are both 100 tick charts. When I do this in TOS I get the exact same chart.

Comment

If you reload historical data (Right Click > Reload Historical data) then both tick charts should be similar as long as they're using the same settings.

If they are real time, and you started them at different times, then they can be different.

Comment

Ok Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM