Front Month Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Month Futures

Hi - Am using Opentick for free source of data. In my strategy analyser window, in the left hand side pane, I can see a list of instruments. Under the "Default" section there are a number of futures contracts, all of which are Sep 07 series. Is it possible for me to change these to the front month?

I've had a go adding the Mar 08 contracts by right clicking over the "Default" text and selecting "edit" from the menu which appears, but this does not work.

Thanks in advance

Ben H

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your post.

Please take a look at the following post:

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

YM 03-08 strategy not executing

Hi Vince

Tks for earlier info. I've done as you suggested and got the front month Mini Dow loaded (YM 03-08) in my Instrument manager.

Then, using the Control Center, I added a strategy for this contract and have left it running all day. It is connected to Collective2, where I wish to send signals.

No signals have been generated , when in fact several should have been. I suspect I have done something wrong....

The only clue I have is that when i create an intraday chart for YM 03-08, it displays data up to 05:17 AM for today's date (17th), when in fact it is 13:45 at time of writing. When I look at the data for a stock like MO the data displayed is up to date (real time).

I am using Opentick as my source of data.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Ben

Comment

Hi Ben:

Thank you for posting.

1. Please ensure your local pc clock is set to the correct date/time and is in sync with your trades.

2. Please verify your setup of the C2 system following the guidelines in the link below:

Best regards,
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tks Ryan - I've done as you suggested and the only error I could find was that I had not added an asterix to the futures symbol (*@YM) in the Instrument editor.

I have corrected this, however when I create a chart for the YM- 03-08 it still only goes up to 05:17 for today 17th Dec. My PC clock is correct and in line with CBOT. The last price I see for YM is 13385 which has not changed since I last wrote you. Defonitely not updating.

I believe I am connected to Opentick. In the bottom left hand corner of my Control Center box there is a message with a green background saying "Connected Opentick".

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :-)

Ben

Comment

Hi Ben:

A couple of things...

1. Please contact Open Tick and verify that you are subscribed for real time and and not just historical data.

2. Please click on the link below to verify why your charts may not be updating.

Best regards,

Comment

ES Roll Over Issue

Tks Ryan - I have checked everything as you suggest and have contacted OpenTick. I await their response.

Can I ask one more piece of advice on a different matter? I've succesfully managed to convert the Sept 07 contract of the YM future into the March 08 series, using the NT instructions provided by your colleagues. However, when I attempted to do the same with the ES futures contract, i have had some problems.

In the instrument manager I have set the exchange to be Globex, and the month to be "03-08" , however, when i try and open up a chart there is no data - nothing. Prior to rolling over the series I was able to see the ES 09-07 data, however when I tried to retrace my steps and convert the March 08 series back into a Sep 07 series, there is now no data for Sep 07.

I'm sure i've made a stupid mistake, and I apologies for troubling you with this, but i've reached an impasse!

Tks in advance :-)

Ben H

Comment

Hi Ben:

Data should rollover even though you are selecting the 03-08 contract.

Therefore, I would try this...

Open up a new chart of the ES 03-08 and select 6 months worth of back data.

Does the chart populate and show you data from the 09-07 contract?

I would also suggest if these problems with your charts persist, you should send a note to support @ ninjatrader dot com.

We can further investigate and retrieve your log files to verify if there are any errors being reported to NinjaTrader. In addition, we may need to ask for your Open Tick login information to test on our end as well.

Since these are secure items, it would not be best to post them in a public forum

Have a great day!

Comment

Hi Ryan

Tks for the post.

I am getting data for YM but amd getting no data at all for ES. This is off as yesterday I was getting data for both ES and YM.

I suspect that when i rolled over the ES contract I inadvertently changed some inmportant setting - but i know not what?

To reiterate, I rolled over both the ES and YM contracts at the same time. The YM procedure worked perfectly and I can see YM data - but the ES charts have no data whatsoever.

I'm happy to send u the logs if u like? Can u give me instructions on how?

Tks again

Ben

Comment

Hi Ben:

Please send a note to support and reference this post.

You may attach logs to your note.

You may send the logs to me manually. To do this, go to Documents (this could be My Documents if on Windows XP) > NinjaTrader 6 > log folder and attach the file with the appropriate day.

Thanks.

Comment

Tks very much Ryan - pls find attached logs. Do I need to send a seperate email to support as well?

Tks
                      Ben
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben:

Yes, please send them to support.

We will investigate and send you more information tomorrow.

Thanks,

Comment

Right, will do - tks Ryan.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick