X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdemet
    replied
    Once again many thanks Adam but I feel rather silly now

I would have gotten around to that section of the help literature eventually but as there are 1000+ pages to it my imaptience got the better of me.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_AdamP
    replied
    hdemet,

We're happy to assist you.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Leave a comment:

• hdemet
    replied
    Many thanks Adam and I shall now go off and play around.

As previously mentioned I wish to start by doing something simple and then gradually build up to what I actually need trading wise but have to say I juts love this trading platform/software and think its going to make life a lot easier for me and cut down all those manual errors I seem to keep making during live trading

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_AdamP
    replied
    hdemet,

Thanks for your note.

Here is a link to a tutorial : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

When you use the CrossAbove condition, you can simply set the MA to "CrossAbove" the "Close" in the other parameter rather than the slow MA, for example.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Leave a comment:

• hdemet
    started a topic NEwbie Confused

NEwbie Confused

Hi EVeryone

Firstly I have to admit that I am a complete novice as far as programming is concerned and have only juts managed to familiarize myself with the Ninja Trading software so please excuse my ignorance

Anyway having played around with the charts and strategies for a couple fo days now I cant seem to work out how to automate some relatively simple strategies

I have decided to start with exceptionally smple stuff but am experiencing difficulties

Specifically I cant seem to work out how to automate something like triggering a buy or sell signal when for example a simple moving average crosses over the actual current value of an underlying instrument eg S&P Future

Any assitance with this would be greatly appreciated or pointing me in the direction of a tutorial that may cover this.

I have seen things like having two simple moving averages crossing over each other as a sample strategy in the platform and how that works but cant find it the other way round as highlighted above whenere the buy or sell is triggered by the moving average crossing the current future value
    Last edited by hdemet; 12-17-2011, 08:54 AM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post kulwinder73  
Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM