Transportation Index not available on free Kinetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transportation Index not available on free Kinetic

For the past couple of weeks I have been unable to pull up a chart of DJTA or ^DJTA, which is symbol for the transportation index per Kinetic.

I was able to do this previously and I don't know when this changed.

I have tried every symbol version available in Kinetick, Yahoo, and Google, but symbols are not recognized.

The error message I get is:" Error on loading chart data for ^DJTA Nyse: Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument."

Any ideas?

Hello CurtisM,

Thank you for your post.

I'm going to check with our Kinetick expert to find the correct mapping for the DJTA. We will post back to you on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend!
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Curtis,

In a follow-up regarding the Dow Jones Transportation average you will want to edit that symbol to use Kinetick's data since the symbol is not pre-defined. To accomplish this you can go to Tools > Instrument Manager and then search for the DJTA index.

Within the ensuing results please highlight the result and then hit the Edit button. In the ensuing window please go to the Misc tab and for Kinetick please define the symbol as: DJTTR.X.

After specifying this symbol please close any chart and then create a new ^DJTA chart within NinjaTrader.
      Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

That wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

I made the change you suggested in Kinetic and when I pulled up the chart a month's worth of candles are missing.

I went back into the instrument manager and updated symbols for Google and Yahoo. I then connected to these one at a time and then typed in ^DJTA. I get a chart now, where I didn't before, but the gap is still there.

Any ideas on how I can replace this missing data, candles?

Comment

Hi Curtis,

On the chart can you please right-click and then select Reload Historical Data while only connected to the Kinetick End of Day feed.

With that symbol defined as DJTTR.X for the Kinetick feed it should pull that data, but if the month is still missing can you please close NinjaTrader and then sync your PC clock.

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
            You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
            Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes