• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT performance and resource utilization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT performance and resource utilization

Hello team,
    I have a couple of question regarding NT's resource utilization and real-time performance, when running automated Ninja-Script strategies. The aim is to choose a server which is powerful enough for our needs, but not an over-kill which costs extra. So here goes:
    • As far as I know, in real-time, all of the strategies run on a single thread. Will a multi-core / multi-threaded machine boost performance, e.g. by running charts on other cores etc.?
    • How many strategies can I run concurrently on a single machine? I'm aware that this is strategy- and machine- specific, but I'm looking for an estimate. Is it several, tens, hundreds?
    • Is NT configured to make utilization of caches? Namely, will a 4-GB RAM machine perform better than a 1-GB machine?
    • Same for 64/32 bit?

Thanks,
    Boaz

Hi Boaz, that's correct: in realtime all NinjaScript methods run on the same core thus the # of available cores would not make a difference here. We would not really have any hard # of strategies to run per setup, as it would also depend greatly on how optimized the code is and what it would need to process, but I would estimate for an up to date system 20-40 is fine.

The amount of RAM usable is defined largely by the OS, on a 32 bit one the limit is around 1.2 GB per process while on a 64 bit one it's around 2 GB.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cupir2, Today, 04:12 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cupir2
    by cupir2

Started by Newtrader101, Today, 03:50 PM
    1 response