Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT performance and resource utilization

Hello team,
    I have a couple of question regarding NT's resource utilization and real-time performance, when running automated Ninja-Script strategies. The aim is to choose a server which is powerful enough for our needs, but not an over-kill which costs extra. So here goes:
    • As far as I know, in real-time, all of the strategies run on a single thread. Will a multi-core / multi-threaded machine boost performance, e.g. by running charts on other cores etc.?
    • How many strategies can I run concurrently on a single machine? I'm aware that this is strategy- and machine- specific, but I'm looking for an estimate. Is it several, tens, hundreds?
    • Is NT configured to make utilization of caches? Namely, will a 4-GB RAM machine perform better than a 1-GB machine?
    • Same for 64/32 bit?

Thanks,
    Boaz

Hi Boaz, that's correct: in realtime all NinjaScript methods run on the same core thus the # of available cores would not make a difference here. We would not really have any hard # of strategies to run per setup, as it would also depend greatly on how optimized the code is and what it would need to process, but I would estimate for an up to date system 20-40 is fine.

The amount of RAM usable is defined largely by the OS, on a 32 bit one the limit is around 1.2 GB per process while on a 64 bit one it's around 2 GB.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes