• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy Sell Quantities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Sell Quantities

I seem to have managed to write a few trial startegies and they behave perfectly when I trial them and for real

However now I have finalised my main startegy I seem to be unable to execute the required quantities automatically of sells and buys

Basically I always have a position of being long or short whenever a crossover is achieved

However whilst this works for a simple crossover strategy when it comes to my doing this live I find the position is just made flat and doesnt go from long to short and vice versa

In other words whenever I am one future long it goes flat and whenever I am one future short it goes flat instead of going from long to short and short to long

I have tried changing the startegy to manually placing it where it should be and aasking for 2 lots whenver a cross over is achieved but then I get an error where nothing is executed

I have obviously made some erors in the relevant section of the coding but have tried playing around and cannot find a solution even though it does work when trialing other crossover startegies

Any help would be much appreciated

PS On my chart it shows 1 trade to close and one trade to go short or long but in reality it doesnt do this and merely nmakes the psoition flat so theoretically it is doing the right thing but in reality it is not. I am using Ninja Trader with Interactive Brokers if that is of any great significance
    Last edited by hdemet; 12-19-2011, 11:52 PM.

Hello hdemet, I would suggest you read this article here from our helpguide closely first, as from your description it sounds like you're starting the strategy up not correctly 'in sync' :

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by manugarc, Today, 01:15 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post manugarc  
    Started by JMont1, Today, 11:42 AM
    0 responses