Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LineBreak charting Q

Hi,

I'm trying to plot a 3-line-break chart with a base 1-min chart. The chart works when I pull it up and view the historical data, but it draws incorrectly in realtime. If I refresh the live-plotted chart after some time, it redraws the chart properly. See 1 and 2 attached. 1 is before the refresh. 2 is after. Note that the final few bars don't appear in picture 2 as is appropriate, since they all fall entirely within the range of the earlier-drawn candle. Hopefully I'm missing something simple you can help me with.

Thanks,
    biegea
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Comment

Hello,

I would expect that the chart looks the same reloaded as live and do not expect the hashes live.

There were some bar type changes in .8. Lets get you updated to the latest version .8 and let me know if problem persists.

If it does please let me know what data feed provider you are using and how long you have to wait before you reload and if it only occurs during a certain time of day?

Download link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Comment

I use ZenFire, and the indicator is effectively useless to me while the issue persists unless I constantly refresh the chart, which is not an effective option for me.

Interesting catch you made though - what made you suspect that the issue might only happen at certain times of day? Indeed, it does seem to have stopped happening sometime around or before 3pm ET. I will continue to monitor in the coming days but am interested in any thoughts you have about what is causing the issue.

Thanks,
          biegea

Comment

Hello,

The only thing I could expect is at the session break this could occur when the session is broken. What session template are you using?

Comment

The standard CME US Index Futures ETH template, and the issue presented in the middle of the day, so that shouldn't be it.

In fact, I realized the likely reason that the issue appeared to stop after 3pm. The price action in combination with volume and range expansion coming in masked the issue. The issue will likely tend to present at choppier and slower times of day.

Comment

Hello,

In this case please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

I will want to work with you on reproducing this on my side.

Please send this email via the platforms help->mail to support tool and include your workspaces so that I can check that out on my side with your workspace.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes