NT Automatic Logout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Automatic Logout

IB TWS automatically logs off and which causes it to lose connection with NT. Obviously if you are in the middle of a trade then this is no good. IB cus rep advised me that this cannot be changed but I could use IB Gateway which does not auto logoff. Is IB Gateway compatible with NT? If not does NT have any solutions for this problem other than changing the auto logoff time to a time I'm awake as well as when the futures/forex markets are closed?

Thanks

Hello hothomas,

Unfortunately you will need to use TWS in order to connect to IB in NinjaTrader. It is not supported to connect without TWS.

I am not aware of any other workarounds.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB Gateway

I try to use it (IBGateway) now.

In order to run NT with Gateway I :
      1. Run IB Gateway
      2. Make connection from NT - it opens TWS
      3. TWS display message about 2 sessions with same user - I click OK - this disconnect IB Gatway
      4. In few minutes IB Gateway display same message about 2 sessions and I click OK disconnect TWS and wait until NT connect with IB Gateway
      5. Manually close TWS
      In NT account connections I set port to IBGateway port (default 4001) and TWS is set to different port.

I don't know if all works ok - I'm just testing .

Regards,

Comment

Thanks for your insight. I'll give it a try and see what happens. For now I trade mainly forex so I just set my auto logoff to 5:01 PM EST which is 1 minute after the forex markets close for 15 minutes. At least it shuts down when the markets aren't moving...THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by hothomas View Post
          IB TWS automatically logs off and which causes it to lose connection with NT. Obviously if you are in the middle of a trade then this is no good. IB cus rep advised me that this cannot be changed but I could use IB Gateway which does not auto logoff. Is IB Gateway compatible with NT? If not does NT have any solutions for this problem other than changing the auto logoff time to a time I'm awake as well as when the futures/forex markets are closed?

Thanks
          I just started trading live with IB and found this problem this morning.
          I changed to NT, and convinced already a number of other people to do so, for the possibility to trade automatically with IB. So, I find this kind of problem hard to believe. It is useless that a strategy will only work for 24 hours. If NT sells a connection with IB, NT should solve this problem. If the solution is the IB gateway, why is it not yet implemented?
          Please put this at the very top and first thing to do if you want to sell more NTs...
          Sylvestro

Comment

Hello Sylvestro,

There are settings in NinjaTrader 7 that allow you to determine the behavior of automated strategies during a disconnection. You can find these settings at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab. Please see the link below for information.

If you select KeepRunning, the strategy will not terminate but it will keep active and running during a disconnection. It will not submit any orders during the disconnection since the strategy requires real-time data to calculate its conditions. Once you are re-connected, the strategy will continue to run and behave as you programmed.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Keep it on top of the list...

None of this helps if I am disconnected and not at home and there is a close trade from the strategy....

Please no excuses or only partly solutions, solve the problem...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH