Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Vista problem with datafeed

Hi Support,

I am using Ninja 6.5 Beta with Zenfire connection on windows xp fine. I am moving to a new computer with WIndows Vista Home Premium and I have installed Ninja 6.5.0.5 Beta and also Ninja 6.0.1.000.7 It is working fine with opentick,Interactivebrokers feed on Vista.

On my Windows Vista system, when I tried to connect to my zenfire datafeed it is giving an error. It says "Login failed: Unable to login(1004)".

Is there anything additional I need to setup to use Ninjatrader with zenfire, on Windows Vista Home Premium. I know the zenfire login is working fine, as it is working on my computer system with Windows xp (using Ninja 6.5 Beta and also Ninja 6.0.1).

Please let me know. I appreciate it.

Thanks
    Commodity_trader

The only thing you would need to connect to your Zen-Fire is your account name and password. http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_ZenFire.htm

Please ensure they are inputted properly.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Commodity_trader,

The error message comes from the Zen-Fire server. You need to contact your broker and ask them if they have server issues.

Vince
      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh and Vince for getting back to me.

I have checked the userid/passwd and they are correct. And I have also checked there are no zenfire server issues, as I just tried this login and the zenfire datafeed works fine on my windows xp system. I know zenfire is a good and reliable datafeed.

It is giving an error in WIndows Vista system only: It is giving one of he following errors:

"Login failed: Unable to login(1004)" OR "Login failed: Unable to login(1001)"

Does it have to do with any "port" opening in windows vista? I know Vista closes all ports in firewall by default.

Thanks
        Commodity_trader

Comment

Originally posted by commodity_trader View Post
          Thanks Josh and Vince for getting back to me.

I have checked the userid/passwd and they are correct. And I have also checked there are no zenfire server issues, as I just tried this login and the zenfire datafeed works fine on my windows xp system. I know zenfire is a good and reliable datafeed.

It is giving an error in WIndows Vista system only: It is giving one of he following errors:

"Login failed: Unable to login(1004)" OR "Login failed: Unable to login(1001)"

Does it have to do with any "port" opening in windows vista? I know Vista closes all ports in firewall by default.

Thanks
          Commodity_trader
          Hello Commodity Trader,

The errors your are receiving mean you are not communicating with the login server for some reason. (10001and 10004 means an attempt was made to login but it couldn't find a login server.)

Some causes for this: unable to resolve the login server name to the ip, unable to connect to the Internet, unable to get through firewall, blocked by security software.

On Vista it is usually security software that blocks the connection. I use Vista on a laptop for testing and have no problems but I had to disable many of the security settings and disable the firewall. Firewalls are not necessary if they are behind a router and have a private IP address.

I would recomend to continue disabling all security software one at a time until a connection is established. Then you can go into the software that was causing the problem and teach it to allow the connection. Whenever there is a 10001 or 10004 error, Ninja must be closed and restarted; otherwise you will continue to get the 10004 message immediately after hitting connect.

I hope this helps.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Hi Eamon,

Thanks for confirming that the 10001 and 10004 error codes are due to lack of communication with the login server.

I turned off WIndows firewall by running "services.msc" and permanently disabled firewall. I also turned off AVG security manually. I restarted my system and confirmed firewall and security software are not running.
            But still I am getting the same error:

"Login failed: Unable to login(1001)"

Is there any way to turn on additional error logging in Ninja, so that it can help to figure out, why Ninja is not able to communicate to the Login server.

I appreciate any suggestions to get Ninja working on Vista with Zenfirefeed.

Thanks
            commodity_trader

Comment

problem solved

Hi Support,

I tried adjusting my windows clock so that it shows correct time. It was off by 2 minutes. I manually adjusted it and now everything works fine with zenfire datafeed.

Thanks to Helios for posting it in another Ninja thread here:

I am not sure what the connection is between windows clock and Zenfiredatafeed, but once the clock is adjusted, Ninja works fine with zenfirefeed.

Also, now I turned on Windows firewall and my security software, and started Ninja and it works fine.

Thanks
              Commodity_trader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post traderqz  
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              3 responses