perfroming Calcluations on columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfroming Calcluations on columns

I'm trying to convert some excel spreadsheets into the Market Analyzer which will streamline my pre-trade morning preparations for the day. The Excel spreadsheet updates the closing price on 60 instruments and then performs some statistical analysis on the columns that then go into conditional formatting to highlight my targets for the day.

Market Analyzer is running fine and matching the columns data closely (not an exact match to excel) and now I want to find both the Average and StdDev.of one of the columns and dynamically set the conditional value in Market Analyzer based on these values.

Is there a way to do this?

It would be possible, but it would take custom programming.

There are many NinjaScript methods for calculating an average of a data series. There is also a StdDev method which should help you perform this.

However in order to plot the calculation in a Market Analyzer column, you must calculate it as a plot, or expose these values another way. Please see our Reference Sample on Exposing indicator values that are not plots - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by BBenski View Post
      I'm trying to convert some excel spreadsheets into the Market Analyzer which will streamline my pre-trade morning preparations for the day. The Excel spreadsheet updates the closing price on 60 instruments and then performs some statistical analysis on the columns that then go into conditional formatting to highlight my targets for the day.

Market Analyzer is running fine and matching the columns data closely (not an exact match to excel) and now I want to find both the Average and StdDev.of one of the columns and dynamically set the conditional value in Market Analyzer based on these values.

Is there a way to do this?
      Are the instruments columns or rows?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TraderBCL  
      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
      14 responses