Error loading YG chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error loading YG chart

I have recently switched from IB to Zen-Fire and have problems loading YG (mini gold contract traded at NYSE LIFFE) chart.

YG (mini gold) used to be traded at ECBOT and was changed to NYSE some years ago. The default exchanged assigned in NJ is ECBOT but I have changed it to NYSE. This setting has been working fine with IB or Kinetick connections and is still working without any problem.

However, when I recently tried to load a new chart for YG with Zen-Fire connection, it always came up with an error message of "Error on loading chart data for "YG 02-12" Nyse": NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available."

I have tried using other exchanges (NYSE, LIFFE, LIFFE Commodity and etc.) and all have the same error, except with ECBOT.

This confuses me as YG is currently traded at NYSE (LIFFE), not at ECBOT. (Link: http://www.nyseliffeus.com/sites/lif...gold031411.pdf)

Please can someone tell me how I can solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

btw, i am running NJ 7.0.1000.8 (64 bit)

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please disconnect from your data providers, then reset NinjaTrader's instrument list to return this instrument to it's default settings:

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

After resetting the instrument list, please restart NinjaTrader, reconnect to Zen-Fire and check to see if the same issue occurs.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please disconnect from your data providers, then reset NinjaTrader's instrument list to return this instrument to it's default settings:

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

After resetting the instrument list, please restart NinjaTrader, reconnect to Zen-Fire and check to see if the same issue occurs.
        Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your instructions but the problem still occurs....

Comment

Hi daisp,

Does the error message still mention the NYSE exchange? The change should have flipped this instrument back to it's default setting.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hi daisp,

Does the error message still mention the NYSE exchange? The change should have flipped this instrument back to it's default setting.
            Hi Kyle, it seems that instrument resetting only resets the setting of available master instruments (after resetting, it shows ecbot as exchange when I search for YG) but not the ones that are already on the instrument list.

After resetting, I still have the same error message with NYSE mentioned. If I delete YG 02-12 from instrument list and add YG from available master instrument (has been default set to Ecbot) again, it has no problem loading chart.

Again, I just wonder why NJ has to be set to Ecbot to load chart of a instrument that is actually traded at NYSE?

It's actually fine for me to have YG chart loaded from whichever exchange, what concerns me is the actual trading, order submission etc. Will orders be sent to Ecbot or NYSE if I have Ecbot setting? I am not sure with these...

Comment

YG is an ECBOT product traded on LIIFE. You would want to keep the ECBOT exchange to ensure this is routed correctly.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                YG is an ECBOT product traded on LIIFE. You would want to keep the ECBOT exchange to ensure this is routed correctly.
                Hi Matthew,

I don't think YG has anything to do with ECBOT now (please checkout this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=38389)

I have just tried, with my NT connected to Zen-Fire and Ecbot setting, I can successfully load YG chart without any error, but the chart does not update live data, there is also not price data on the order tab.

Comment

Hello,

Attached are the correct settings that will work with Zen-Fire and YG.

The Symbol for Zen-Fire is YG|NLX
                  Attached Files
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                    Hello,

Attached are the correct settings that will work with Zen-Fire and YG.

The Symbol for Zen-Fire is YG|NLX
                    Problem solved!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cre8able  
                    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM