Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exclude holidays from chart

Hello,

When I load 5 minutes charts, sessions template RTH, there is a big empty space on charts, which is the holiday area, but this makes me so hard to read the chart correctly, and I contacted customer service, looks like Ninja does not have solution. Anyone else here has a work-around to make charts consistency? Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

This is done because of equidistant bar spacing is disabled. Right click->properties->equidistant bar spacing.

You want this set to true.

If you cannot set it to true then you have multiple data series on the same chart then you cannot turn this on since the multiple data series must share the same X axis.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

If equidistant false charts create a custom session and leave Monday off....so you can then see from last Tuesday through this Friday without a gap...next week add Monday back again...not perfect....but a possibility...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alfred; 12-27-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I can also further add to this that holiday filtering is on our list to look into adding in our next major release of NinjaTrader so that this would be filtered out on multi-series. However this release is still some time down the road.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

This is done because of equidistant bar spacing is disabled. Right click->properties->equidistant bar spacing.

You want this set to true.

If you cannot set it to true then you have multiple data series on the same chart then you cannot turn this on since the multiple data series must share the same X axis.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          You are absolutely right. I need 15 minutes 20EMA on 5 minutes chart, so I overlay 15m chart on 5m chart, making 15m chart transparent but its 20EMA visible. So is anyway I can display 15m 20EMA on 5m chart without overlay the charts? Thank you.

Comment

Unfortunately no supported method to do this in NinjaTrader at this time. Development is looking into the possibility of making this possible in our next major release of NinjaTrader. However this is still sometime down the road.

The only other option you could have is to code a custom indicator to output the value of the EMA you wanted. This way you would not need a secondary series added and the indicator would do it in the background for you. Thus allowing you to use equidistant bar spacing.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM