How to create sell stop with ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create sell stop with ATM

I am new to Ninja Trader. I am using a trend following system that trades on break outs. I want to set a sell stop to short a position and have a stop loss entered as soon as the intinal sell stop is executed. I can't see how to do this. I can't see how to create a sell stop order in the DOM and I can't get the ATM window to appear while in the Control Center. How do I enter a sell stop in the DOM. I can probbaly figure out how to set the stop loss. Also, does Ninja need to be running for the trades to be made?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to create an ATM Strategy within the SuperDOM? If so you will need to select your ATM Strategy then submit your Stop Order.

To submit a Stop Limit Order this will be done using the Middle Mouse Button (scroll wheel) and for a Stop Market Order you will want to use Ctrl+Middle Mouse Button.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders in the SuperDOM.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher, what alternatives do I have for a laptop with now "middle" mouse button?

Comment

Some laptops have an option to configure a middle mouse click with the buttons. To check for this option please go to the Windows Control Panel-->Mouse and there may be a setting for when both buttons are pressed at the same time it will be recognized as a middle mouse click.

The other option is use Chart Trader then submit a Stop Order within the chart window. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders in Chart Trader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jeffki View Post
          Thanks Christopher, what alternatives do I have for a laptop with now "middle" mouse button?
          The simplest and safest thing to do is to get an external mouse. For the potential use, they are really inexpensive.

Trying to simulate a middle-click using the poor excuse for a mouse that is on modern laptops is just not worth the potential wrong entries that you will make so many times when that crapware reads your clicks as unintended entry orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bill2023  
          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ryjoga