Help with programming MACD Histogram in condition builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with programming MACD Histogram in condition builder

I am developing a system that, once other conditions are met, opens a position when the MACD histogram bar closes with a smaller absolute value than previous values, after a period of increasing (absolute) value. I.e. a peak has formed and values are decreasing.

A short position is entered when the histogram is below 0 and long when above 0.

How am I able to enter this in "Condition Builder"?

Thanks in advance

Hi reggy29,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. You should be able to create a lot of this in the condition builder but unfortunately functions like absolute value are only available working with code.

First step to creating this is breaking down your conditions into an objective rule-set -how do you define a period of increasing (absolute) value, how do you define a peak, etc.

See here for examples of the types of conditions you can express in the condition builder.

Since you're working with MACD, see the section on How to compare plot values of multi-plot indicators.

It also sounds like you want to create sequences where one item is evaluated after another. This sample can help create sequences in the condition builder using user variables.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM