• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What to consider after switching from EOD to intra-day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to consider after switching from EOD to intra-day?

For a while now ive been using NT7 building strategies, backtesting, and optimizing. Up until recently I only used free EOD data.

Now that i have minute data, what are some things i might want to consider as far as the settings and general workings of my strategies? For example, do i need to go change the period of all indivators that use a period like MAs? In stratogy analyzer, can i view the chart daily and zoom into intraday as necesary?

Meegwell

Hi meegwell,

Thanks for the post. You'll find that mechanics of the strategy function very similarly. There is no functional difference between a day and minute bar. Periods is based on bars, so 14 period on a 1-day chart is 14 days, and 14 period on 1-minute chart is 14 minutes.

The strategy analyzer chart will be limited compared to a standard chart. It will only show the primary series, and the interval can't be changed. You could run a strategy on a standard chart and change / add intervals there.
    Ryan MNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by faustf, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post faustf
    by faustf

Started by NinjaCustomer, Today, 03:19 AM
    1 response