Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unable to connect to database" error

Hi,

I'm new here and i'm trying to install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 (Current).
    After I install I get this error:
    "Unable to connect to database"
    ObjectSpace:COnnection String is Invalid - Exeption has been thrown by the target of an invocation

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 CU4 which is available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2516828/en-us
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please email me at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and provide me with your phone number so that I may call you to further assist.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Problem solved

That solved it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

My NT has been running fine. All of a sudden i'm getting this error that the OP listed.

I installed the lattest version of the SQL. The issue is still not resolved.

Please tell me what i need to do. I have many months of research saved in this software that i cannot afford to lose.

What should I do? reinstall? If i unistall and install a newer version will i loose my strategies etc? should i copy all of my folders on a different disk to be on the safe side? Does NT have a ''repair'' installation?

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your post.

Can you post the exact text of the message that you are getting? It could be a different error related to the database file.

I look forward to your reply.
          Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZachS View Post
            Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your post.

Can you post the exact text of the message that you are getting? It could be a different error related to the database file.

Thanks.

When I try to open and NT splash is opened; the following errors occur before NT is fully open while on the splash screen:

The exact messages:

HTML Code:
            Unable to connect to database 'Data Source="C:\Users\ABC\Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf"'L ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid -
             Invalid provider type. [ Db version = 0,Requested version = 1, File name = \\?\C:\Users\ABC\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf ]
            And then when i click ''OK'' on this I get the following error after about 30 seconds:

HTML Code:
            Title: Assertion failed: abort = qiut,retry=debug, ignore= continue

Db.globals.engine1: wilson.ORmaper.ormapperExcetion:
            ObjectSpace: connection string is invalid - invalid provider type. [
            db version = 0, requested version = 1, File name = \\?\C:\Users\ABC\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf ]

--- End of inner exception stack trace----
            at wilson.ormapper.internals.connection..ctror(string
            connectstring, custm provider custom provider)
            at wilson............................................THE ERROR KEEPS GOING

at global.get_engine()
            at globals.applicationstart()
            at control centerform.application_idle.....
            What did i do to get this error? Nothing. NT has been working fine for my ever since i've installed it. I've used this on my PC for over a year. Never any issue. For the past 2 months I have NT installed on my VPS. I have not had any issues until about a day ago. NT was running fine. But my VPS was running slow So i restarted my VPS. Then when i tried to restarting NT.. it would not restart.

What can I do to save all of my strategies and indicator? Bc at this point NT is not booting up at all.

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for your post.
              Please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate this matter further.
              Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1175863.

I look forward to assisting you.
              Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
                Hello,
                Thank you for your post.
                Please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate this matter further.
                Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1175863.

I look forward to assisting you.
                I cannot do that.... my NT is not booting up at all. It does not go beyond the splash screen. It gives me those errors. And then it crashes. How else can i send you the log file> Any idea what's going on? What should I do?

At this point to be on the safe side. do you recommend copying the folders in NT folder so my strategies are not deleted? What folder saves all of the strategies that i've created and the indicators? Should i try reinstalling the software? If i unistall is that going to delete my strategies? If so, is there a repair installation NT team has?
                Last edited by staycool3_a; 10-17-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hello,
                  My apologies. Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to your response, so I may investigate this matter further.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"
                  You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMD.txt

The strategies and indicators are found in (My) Documents-> NinjaTrader 7->bin-> Custom.

Comment

Hello,
                    My apologies. Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to your response, so I may investigate this matter further.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"
                    You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMD.txt

The strategies and indicators are found in (My) Documents-> NinjaTrader 7->bin-> Custom.

oK i'm going to send you the trace and log files.

If i copy the bin/custom folder. unistall NT and reinstall NT. and copy/paste my bin/custom folder on the default folder. will my NT recognize my old strats? (thats IF it boots up)

Comment

Hello,
                      You will not need to paste this folder in unless you remove it.
                      When you uninstall NinjaTrader it only removes the program files. The NinjaTrader 7 document folder is not deleted when uninstalling.
                      I look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

what is your email?

Comment

Please write in to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com

Comment

Please write in to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com
                            i sent it to support at NT with your name in the subject and the code you gave at the bottom.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem that calhawk01 mentions - the same error messages, the same thing - I changed nothing and have been using ninja for a more than a year and never had an error like this.

Can you please share for my benefit and others, what the fix was. thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Davide999, 05-18-2023, 03:55 AM
                              4 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post kcwasher  
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Stanfillirenfro