Where are the charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the charts?

I installed NinjaTrader and opened it up fine. But I can't see any charts at all. I've read and re-read the tutorials and watched videos, but oddly enough there is only the basic set of instructions for opening a chart, and when I follow those instructions to the letter the chart window opens but it is a blank white screen. No prices. Nothing. I can't find anything anywhere in the tutorials that explains this. I'm using the simulated data, because the connection to my TD America account (while also set up exactly according to the instructions) does not connect.

I'm a little frustrated here. This program appears to be the lousiest software program I've ever seen for trading. I'm not giving up, though, because I've received a recommendation to use it, and others seem to be using it. So if anyone can answer my questions above, maybe I will like it. Right now, ThinkorSwim seems to be about 1 million times as good. There must be something extraordinary I'm missing about NinjaTrader, so I need to pursue this further.

The program should work seemlessly to connect with TD Ameritrade and it should easily pull up charts. It does neither, and that is the very beginning of using the program. I don't understand this. Help please. How do I open a chart (remember I've followed the written instructions and I only get a white blank screen), and why does it not connect to TD Ameritrade (even though I set up it precisely correctly)?

Chuck, I'm going to just try to help you get started, the software is very good and the NT support staff is very good and very quick to reply. This is only meant for you to start looking at some charts and not address the TD A connectivity issue.The NT staff will help you with that issue and they'll offer a lot more help than this.

If you are able, connect to either Google, Yahoo or Kinetick and you should be able to see daily charts. Google & Yahoo don't provide live free minute data but you can start looking at some of the indicators and start looking at charts. Kinetick is a premium data provider and give free end of day data. As far as the simulator, right click on the chart, open the data series and set it to Default 24/7 for this exercise just to see it print. You'll be able to look at minute or tick charts then as they print. Good luck, the NT support staff will be along shortly.
    Last edited by florida99; 12-31-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Chuck,

NinjaTrader will work just fine with TD Ameritrade. I would suspect there is some other issue causing your lack of connection. With any platform there is a learning curve. I would suggest attending some of our webinars to learn the ins and outs of the program. Also, please send a message to [email protected] with a description of your connection issue and we would be more than happy to help you get up and running.

Webinar schedule : http://www.ninjatrader.com/webinars

Please let me know if I may assist further.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Tim-c
      by Tim-c

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM