Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exporting Price and Indicator Data from chart

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Thanks Arbuthnot,

    I hadn't appreciated that I need to write some script in order to do that - I I thought there may be a way via the Control centre menus. I'll give it a go.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Farmer George View Post
      Thanks Arbuthnot,

      I hadn't appreciated that I need to write some script in order to do that - I I thought there may be a way via the Control centre menus. I'll give it a go.
      George, I'm attaching the indicator I used to do this. You can change the code referencing 'EMA' to anything you want.

      When you import this, so 'no' to any other NT requests for import - or your system may fail!

      Just open the output window, load this ind once imported, and it should work fine.
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
        George, I'm attaching the indicator I used to do this. You can change the code referencing 'EMA' to anything you want.

        When you import this, so 'no' to any other NT requests for import - or your system may fail!

        Just open the output window, load this ind once imported, and it should work fine.
        Hi Arbuthnot,

        Thanks for you efforts, appreciated. What's the best way of importing this into Ninja script? Thanks.

        FG
        Last edited by Farmer George; 03-12-2015, 04:28 AM.

        Comment


          #19
          Hello Farmer George,

          You can import NinjaScript files at Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Import NinjaScript.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Farmer George View Post
            Hi Arbuthnot,

            Thanks for you efforts, appreciated. What's the best way of importing this into Ninja script? Thanks.

            FG
            This link has a good overall view of importing:

            https://www.bigmiketrading.com/wiki/...in-NinjaTrader

            Basically, click on the 'attached files' box in my last post..

            The file will download to your Downloads folder.

            Then in Control Center, choose: File -> Utilities -> Import and go to the Downloads folder.

            Remember, say 'no' to any import requests!

            There are lots of posts in the Forum about importing files: if you google this, they'll show up.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Farmer George,

              You can import NinjaScript files at Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Import NinjaScript.
              Thanks Jason - so the .zip file will be recognised as having a .cs file?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
                This link has a good overall view of importing:

                https://www.bigmiketrading.com/wiki/...in-NinjaTrader

                Basically, click on the 'attached files' box in my last post..

                The file will download to your Downloads folder.

                Then in Control Center, choose: File -> Utilities -> Import and go to the Downloads folder.

                Remember, say 'no' to any import requests!

                There are lots of posts in the Forum about importing files: if you google this, they'll show up.
                Thanks again Arbuthnot. Slowly getting the hang of it.

                Comment


                  #23
                  After you imported the .zip file, the .cs file will be placed automatically in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator folder.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    After you imported the .zip file, the .cs file will be placed automatically in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator folder.
                    All clear, thanks.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Farmer George View Post
                      All clear, thanks.
                      I receive the following message when attempting to import an indicator - I have not specified which file to import:

                      "You have custom NinjaScript files om your PC that have programming errors. These erros must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript archive File."

                      Not sure how to progress. Thanks.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Hello,
                        Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                        • Open NinjaTrader
                        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                        • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
                        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                        • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

                        If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
                        To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                        Click here for instructions

                        Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                        Click here for detailed instruction

                        We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
                        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hi Baruch,
                          I looking...
                          To export my Chart & indicator data to 'file'.
                          Intraday, 1 minute bars, (15 years)
                          Please send link if u can.
                          Thank you.
                          Cheers.
                          Garron
                          Last edited by garron; 10-05-2015, 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling

                          Comment


                            #28
                            export Strategy

                            http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...id=5#linkid691
                            just uploaded here

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Hello,

                              I've just downloaded and installed and compiled successfully the NT8 version available here:
                              https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ad/export-nt8/

                              I don't see it in the indicators list on NT8 list of indicators for the chart. Is it supposed to be there? I can't find any indicator named export.
                              Or it it somewhere else?
                              Thanks a lot.

                              Edit:
                              I found it under:
                              \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies

                              But now how can I use it?
                              Thanks.
                              Last edited by FrankSert; 05-22-2020, 11:10 AM.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                This is a strategy per the description of the add-on:

                                This is a conversion of the NinjaTrader 7 Export strategy
                                You'll find it on a chart by right-clicking on the chart > Strategies.
                                Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                                Comment

                                Latest Posts

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by wehewwehd, Today, 11:10 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post wehewwehd  
                                Started by my-trade, Today, 10:45 AM
                                0 responses
                                7 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post my-trade  
                                Started by localappleseed, Today, 09:51 AM
                                0 responses
                                4 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post localappleseed  
                                Started by wehewwehd, Today, 09:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                4 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post wehewwehd  
                                Started by aaajv, Yesterday, 06:45 AM
                                3 responses
                                22 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                                Working...
                                X