Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions File Restoration

Hi

Happy New Year! Wishing everyone a great year of trading and a happy year in general.

I just reinstalled NT7, the latest one, and I removed the previous one to just start the year off cleanly. I copied the NinjaTrader 7 folder from the Users>BCE>Documents folder before the uninstall and I'm updating the new one, but don't want all the old data. One thing I could use though is the commissions file so I don't have to redo this. Does anyone know which specific file this is so I can just copy and paste it into the new folder? Thanks.

One other thing is somehow the actual commissions and fees that I'm charged don't seem to exactly match the ones I've entered. Not sure what the discrepancy is. When it says in the performance section for instance that I've made say $100, in the actual feed from the accounts window my account balance may only reflect a $99.85 profit or whatever. It always seems a little off. I'd like it to be accurate. Thanks.

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately the commissions data is stored within the database, so it cannot be seperated out and transfered. You would need to transfer your entire database and we recommend creating a backup file which you can then restore: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

Regarding commissions, can you post a screenshot of your current commission setup and then let us know what you are trying to set them up as?

Thank you!
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ray

I figured that out by looking at the Config.xml file. I went ahead and just redid the commissions as I don't trade that many different contracts. And now I just figured out what was off with the all in rates I had divided in half to figure the per side contract rate. It turns out there's a 10 cents per contract fee for using the Static SuperDOM, which I do. So that explains it. I hadn't seen this and when I added up the per contract rate for CL for instance, I kept coming up 20 cents short for the total all in round trip commission. Now I'll have it so it comes out exactly right.

Thanks very much for your help.

Happy New Year!

Bruce
      Last edited by bce111; 01-01-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920