Failed to send mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to send mail

I recently purchased two price alert indicators from another vendor. They seem to function correctly. I do receive emails from them. The test function in the NT platform also sends email.

My problem is that I don't have any charts up with price alerts on them....but my Logs keep saying: Failed to send mail: System. FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an email address.

This appears about 20-50 times in the logs when i log into NT. I scroll over the log message but can't make out exactly what's it reads before disappearing.

What does this message really mean to non coders. And what is this referring to because i don't have any indicators running except EMAs. I have two workspaces open, neither have price alerts on them.

Thank you 40mm

40mm, this likely comes from the Initialize() part of the scripts being run whenever you load your charts and / or access other indicators - this method would be called across scripts, so it would not matter here in this context if your Price Alert script is added to a chart or not. You could ignore them for now or ask the vendor to add 'dummy' email address in the script to prevent the incorrect string to be seen.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand,

Ok, so let me try to translate what you said.

Parts of these new indicators are running when i boot up, regardless of whether or not i have price alerts added to my charts. Since i load up many charts at the same time, I'll most likely get this error for each chart. (which it seems like i do) I could ignore it, or have a fake email inserted into the programs by the vendor to correct this.

Is this something to be concerned with now or in the future? If not, I'm ok with the ignoring part. It's no big thing to me if it's fairly harmless.

Thanx 40mm

Comment

Hi 40mm,

The reason Bertrand provides for seeing the message sent even though you're not using the script could be if there are SendMail() commands in the Initialize() method. This method is called anytime you access for example the Right Click > Indicators screen or the Right Click > Strategies screen.

The error isn't something to be too concerned about, and could be ignored. If it is sending mail in the Initialize() method, it could also be an opportunity to improve the design of the indicator. I would see if you can confirm the exact way of reproducing the errors, and then let the developer know about it. Link them to this thread or have them send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com if they have any questions.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

mailer

gte a pop up message

mail chart no good

Comment

laredo,

Could you please describe your issue in more detail or email us at support at ninjatrader dot com?
            Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

mail

program will not mail a chart

Comment

If you test your general email setup under Tools > Options > Misc does that work or would give you an error message?

Comment

m

that section is mostly blank

Comment

Correct, it would be if you're using the default setup, does this for you work in testing or not?

Thanks,

Comment

m

Ive foregotten how i originally set this up to deliever mail

Comment

To clarify, if you test the default setup, does this work for you or is any error returned? We have custom setup instructions as well for using Gmail and Yahoo email accounts, to receive those steps please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com.

Thanks,

Comment

fib ext

Ive got another issue here,the fib ext template im using will Not always transfer to a particular chart or 2,although it will 10 others.

Comment

What do you please by transfer? If you define and save a template it would not be available for selection on another chart you created?

Thanks,

Comment

all charts

I mean the 'all charts' selection misses some of the workspace charts

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post truepenny  
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby