Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator - 2nd dataseries - new panel

Hello,

plotting a customized indicator in a new panel below the chart I can do but how can this be done when the indicator refers to another dataseries? With Add(PeriodType.Range,80); the panel is empty.

When I add another range bar dataseries then there is strange spacing between the bars of the primary dataseries.

When I want to solve this within a strategy how how can I bring up please in a new panel eg

if (Falling(MACD(BarsArray[1],12,26,9).Avg)== true)
    {BackColor=Color.MistyRose;}

Thanks
    Tony

Tony,

There would be no change needed for this would work with the panel that the indicator is applied too. What indicator is it applied too?

Have you added the Print()'s needed to make sure this code is running.

As far as the chart looking weird this is expected with a second data series. Since both bars share the same time scale on the bottom.

-Brett

Comment

Hi Brett,

thanks for your reply.

Its only like I wrote eg

{BackColor=Color.MistyRose;}

but the panel is empty.

When I do this in the strategy then the first panels background is changed - what do I have to add for having the panel 2 changed? (I can do my other indicators then)

couldn´t find it on the NT-help -website

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Tony,

There would be no change needed for this would work with the panel that the indicator is applied too. What indicator is it applied too?

Have you added the Print()'s needed to make sure this code is running.

As far as the chart looking weird this is expected with a second data series. Since both bars share the same time scale on the bottom.

-Brett

Comment

Please check this out, should do what you need.

Comment

Brett,

not all panels! I know this indicated in your link!

I only want to have the panel 2 (or panel 3 changed backcolor). I want to have my charts clean.

Thanks
          Tony

Please check this out, should do what you need.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ckcolorall.htm

Comment

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
            Brett,

not all panels! I know this indicated in your link!

I only want to have the panel 2 (or panel 3 changed backcolor). I want to have my charts clean.

Thanks
            Tony
            You will probably have to use DrawRegion() to do that.

Comment

Can you clarify if you are doing this with an indicator or a strategy?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

No matter - if with indicator or with strategy. I will use either (I can do it as indicator or I can add it to a script) - if I know how to do this certain "problem".

I only want to have changed backcolor of panel 2 (or 3 ...) referring to a condition in another than primary dataseries.

(I could do in a new strategy with overlay = false; but this is really no way to add a new strategy everytime when one needs to plot something in an additional panel.)

So please how can this be done? I really don´t know how I can explain any more the question (I can´t find an answer on the NT-help-website)

Best
                Tony

Can you clarify if you are doing this with an indicator or a strategy?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

koganam,

thank you very much for your reply. But I think this must be possible more easily than with drawregion. I only want to do eg

{BackColor=Color.MistyRose;} //backcolor of a new panel referring to condition in add. dataseries

Best
                  Tony

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                  You will probably have to use DrawRegion() to do that.

Comment

Hello,

In this case the best way to do this will be to create another indicator. That runs on the panel you want the color changed on and use BackColor. This way you can specify the panel.

-Brett

Comment

koganam,

thank you very much for your reply. But I think this must be possible more easily than with drawregion. I only want to do eg

{BackColor=Color.MistyRose;} //backcolor of a new panel referring to condition in add. dataseries

Best
                      Tony
                      I must be misunderstanding something then, so let me see if I am understanding correctly.
                      1. You have a multiseries indicaator
                      2. For the indicator, Overlay = false, so that the indicator is plotting in another panel.
                      3. You want the BackColor of the indicator panel to change, depending on the behavior of the MACD on the second barSeries.

If I have that right, how then does your indicator not do as you wish? What is the actual result of putting up the indicator? The BackColor does not change at all; the BackColor changes on the price chart instead of the indicator panel? What?

Comment

koganam,

thank you very much for your reply!

Yes this sounds somehow strange maybe but I understand as follows:

I could do do with multi-dataseries but when I add to my 5 range bar chart another dataseries with 13 range bars then there is some nasty spacing between my bars of the primary dataseries (this is the information from NT-support: "Unfortunately there is no way to get two range-based charts to display with equal spacing as they are time-independent and thus don't have equal time intervals for each bar.")

If this would work fine without spacing - I could to already here.

So I ask how I can use eg background coloring (or indicator maybe) of another dataseries - without adding the dataseries to the chart to avoid this nasty spacing.

If there´s an answer I´m happy.

But if it is not possible (to color background referring to add dataseries by an indicator) I would use instead of an indicator a script-strategy as well. But I don´t know "how to change coloring of background of panel2 referring to 2nd dataseries within a NT-sript-strat" (other than with overlay = false in initialize section of the strat as I dont want to have overlay = false in general in the script but only for this condition). How can I grab the panel 2 for this?

Thanks
                        Tony

I must be misunderstanding something then, so let me see if I am understanding correctly.
                        1. You have a multiseries indicaator
                        2. For the indicator, Overlay = false, so that the indicator is plotting in another panel.
                        3. You want the BackColor of the indicator panel to change, depending on the behavior of the MACD on the second barSeries.

If I have that right, how then does your indicator not do as you wish? What is the actual result of putting up the indicator? The BackColor does not change at all; the BackColor changes on the price chart instead of the indicator panel? What?
                        Last edited by tonynt; 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

... But I don´t know "how to change coloring of background of panel2 referring to 2nd dataseries within a NT-sript-strat" (other than with overlay = false in initialize section of the strat as I dont want to have overlay = false in general in the script but only for this condition). How can I grab the panel 2 for this?

Thanks
                          Tony
                          Tony,

I am still at a loss. You mean you want to load an indicator into the price panel, but have that indicator change the BackColor in panel 2?

Comment

koganam,

maybe I´m lost;-) Thanks for your help.

I want to load an indicator OF ANOTHER DATASERIES not in the price panel, but only in panel 2.

This is possible with adding another dataseries (I have done but there is nasty spacing with range-bars). So to avoid the spacing and do this without adding another dataseries I have to do it with a strategy "to add an indicator (or background coloring referring conditions) of another dataseries in a NT-script". But I do not know how to plot the indicator or background coloring in panel 2. (I can plot in price panel of course - but I can not grab panel 2 for this.) This is all!

Thanks
                            Tony

Tony,

I am still at a loss. You mean you want to load an indicator into the price panel, but have that indicator change the BackColor in panel 2?

Comment

Hi Tony,

The two properties discussed:
                              BackColor applies to the panel the indicator is applied in.
                              BackColorAll applies to all panels.

There's unfortunately no way to color the panel if the indicator is not applied to it. Hopefully that clarifies things.
                              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes