Is PFGBest Data Slow on NT7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is PFGBest Data Slow on NT7?

I have been experiencing unusually slow and delayed response running PFGBest data feed on NT7 version 8 (my computer setup and connection are not the issue). Today I saw the following note on Big Mike's Forum indicating the problem might be from Ninja and not the data feed from PFGBest. Are there any issues in this regard that you are aware of?

Here is the link and an excerpt from the post #556.

Yes, Monaco is too 'snobbish' for me. :) Malta I hear is quite nice! I was supposed to go there a while ago (15 years ago) and I didn't make it... I like Greece, so Crete looks pretty cool too... I've never been to Greece or Crete. I've been on the Greek side of Cyprus. Pretty cool island but another language again. Malta is English speaking. Taxes around 15%, uk program in schools, medicine on 5th place in the world (US at 30+). Nice climate. The only turn off is that it's island. …

"I also figured something about PFGBest data. I thought it's just not so great and delayed, but comes out that it delayed only on NT (maybe some other platforms). I downloaded BestDirect8 (free platform from PFG) charts are very poor but I looked at the DOM and I saw that it moves faster than price on NT. "

Hello aligator,

I am not aware of any issues with PFG at this time in regards of slow connectivity.

Do you experience a difference between NinjaTrader and the BestDirect8 platform as well?

What instruments are affected? Could it be limited to some instruments?

Can you please open a Time and Sales window (Control Center-->File-->New). Check the timestamps of the incoming data to your PC clock and check if they are in synch. I am not sure if the BestDirect8 has a Time and Sales window. If it does, please open one as well and compare all three.

If the issue remains, could you please send me your Config.xml file so I can test your connection on my end. You can find this file at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7. Please attach it in your email. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason, Is PFGBest Data Slow on NT7?' in the subject field.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have this problem too,,PFG data dont work correctly,,it likes filterd 80% tick and data..please check yourself

loading data is very bad too..please contact them and want to solve these

Comment

Hello RaminRostami,

I do not experience any discrepancy between NinjaTrader and BestDirect8 platform. Data runs in synch.

How much historical data do you load with PFG? Please note the information below regarding loading historical data in charts while connected to PFG from the PFG connection guide.

PFGBEST.com Historical Data Servers

•Historical daily data for the current day will report a synthetic volume value of 1 since the PFGBEST.com API reports it as a value of zero

•Historical tick data is limited to the last 144 hours

•We advise when requesting historical data (for a chart for example) from to limit the days to load setting to the following values for performance reasons:

-Set tick based series (Tick, Volume, Range etc…) to a value of "2"
        -Set minute based series to a value of 3
        Attached Files

Comment

I get a one second lag at times on my Ninja with PFG data feed. Using Windows 7. What's up with this? I can tell it's PFG and Ninja because I use TOS as a reference platform and backup. Can you help me Ninja TS?

Comment

Hello oz bu,

Do you notice any consistencies between the occurrences so far? Could it be the lag occurs during volatile periods?

Can you please check if the lag persists when you have only one SuperDOM opened in NinjaTrader in total. Close all other workspaces and charts except one SuperDOM and check again. If not, please see the tips and suggestions at the link below to improve performance of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello oz bu,

Do you notice any consistencies between the occurrences so far? Could it be the lag occurs during volatile periods?

Can you please check if the lag persists when you have only one SuperDOM opened in NinjaTrader in total. Close all other workspaces and charts except one SuperDOM and check again. If not, please see the tips and suggestions at the link below to improve performance of NinjaTrader.
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
              I have Super Dom and chart trader open at the same time along with PFG Super Dom and TOS chart. Should I close the PFG Super Dom? Why is having multiple entry screens an issue?

Comment

I want to see if the issue is caused by NinjaTrader using too much PC resources due to many charts and other windows being opened.

You do not have to close the PFG DOM. I was referring to windows in NinjaTrader only.

Is data between NinjaTrader and the PFG DOM in synch?

Comment

I would say that today PFG Best feed is totally screwed with Ninja: no backfill, and the DOM does not update and lacks of depth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello paulg,

When I test PFG on my end, I do not experience such issues. Does it make a difference if you disconnect/re-connect PFG?

If the issue remains, please send me your Config.xml file so I can test your connection on my end. You can find this file at C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7. Please attach the file in an email which you can send to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason, Is PFGBest Data Slow on NT7?' in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes