Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NtDirect.dll is missing

Hello,

I installed NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 on a Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) machine. I got the message "NinjaTrader 7 has been successfully installed. Click "Close" to exit." I can start NinjaTrader and can connect to the simulated datafeed.

But when I try to connect to NinjaTrader from a java programm I get the message "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'NtDirect': Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden." (File - AT Interface is On). The problem is that NtDirect.dll was not installed in path C:\windows\system32. I tried to copy it manually and register it with regsvr32 but it doesn't work.

On my old computer with Windows Vista I installed the same NinjaTrader version and the java programm can connect without any problems. On that computer NtDirect.dll was installed in C:\windows\system32.

What can I do to use NtDirect.dll on my Windows 7 computer?

Thanks
    trader1996

Hi trader1996,

The file should also be installed here:
    C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NtDirect.dll

However, if you copied it manually and registered, that should be all the necessary steps. Unfortunately our support for this area is limited, but will leave this thread open for the community to assist if possible.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello RyanM,

I found NtDirect.dll in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin" after the installation of NinjaTrader. Is that the only occurrence of the NtDirect.dll under Windows 7 or will it normally be installed in C:\windows\system32 under Windows 7?

I only want to make sure that everything is installed properly.

Thanks
      trader1996
      Last edited by trader1996; 01-04-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We're currently checking into this with development and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Comment

Hello RyanM,

I checked the "NinjaTrader Version 7 Help Guide" am found in Chapter 9.4.1.6, p. 188 the following statement: "The DLL Interface functions are contained in NTDirect.dll located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder".

I tried to install NinjaTrader 7 on an other computer with Window 7 Home Premium Edition. But there was the same problem. The NtDirect.dll was not in C:\windows\system32. So it should be easy for you to reproduce this heavy bug.

Is there a workaround to manually install the NtDirect.dll? Because otherwise nobody can use the DLL API with Windows 7.

Thanks,
          trader1996

Comment

Hi trader1996,

Thanks for your patience. It should be installed in the Windows 7 equivalent of System32.

It could be C:\Windows\SysWOW64 or \sysWoW

Comment

I have deleted NtDirect.dll in system32 directory. Its working fine without that
              Have XP Prof. Service Pack 3 and the last Ninja7 (the 8 Version)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              12 responses
              0 likes