Remove Old Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Old Accounts

I have several old demo and an unused account that I'd like to delete from NT7 so they no longer list in the Account Performance tab as well as an unused Instrument in the same tab. How do I remove them?
    Thanks
    Last edited by florida99; 01-05-2012, 03:22 PM.

Hello florida99,

Thank you for your post.

To do this you will need to rename the NinjaTrader database file. Note that by doing this; historical chart data will need to be reloaded. Likewise, ATM Strategy templates, custom instruments and instrument lists will need to be recreated.

1. Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    2. Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.sdf.
    3. Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename."
    4. Name it "NewNinjaTrader.sdf."
    5. Then restart the software.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Christopher. is it possible to remove the Replay and Sim accounts as well or are they embedded within the program?

Comment

Hello florida99,

You will be unable to remove the Sim101 account or the Replay101 account.

You can uncheck them in the Account Performance tab so the report will not generate with the data from these accounts.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you again

Comment

Why is this so complicated to do? Was this an oversight by the design team?

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration. This is something which we hope to improve upon in future versions of the software. I will forward your comments to our development staff for further consideration.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is another problem I have with Ninjatrader . Why do I have to select my Qty under my Chart Trader, then when I want to place a limit order, I have to input my Qty amount a second time?

Is there a way to avoid doing this? I have to tell Ninjatrader 2 different times how many contracts I want to trade. It seems to repetitive.

Perhaps I am missing a setting somewhere I am unaware of to change this?

Please do not misunderstand me. I love using Ninjatrader but some of the designs have some issues that I don't think were thought out completely or are not easy to use. Keep up the great work. I still use Ninjatrader and love it, I just wish some of these issues could be corrected.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It appears that a Stop Limit order is being submitted in this instance. The box which you have highlighted does not ask you to set order quantity but rather an offset for the Stop Limit order.

Stop Limit orders use two prices to define a range of acceptable fills. The price at which the order is placed determines the stop price - the offset is used to define a limit price based on a number of ticks above or below the limit price.

If you do not wish to specify a offset for the Stop Limit orders which you place a single value can be set as a default:
                  • Right click in the chart trader window and select Chart Trader Properties.
                  • Set a value for the 'Stop Limit Offset'.
                  • Click OK to apply the change and exit the Chart Trader Properties menu.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your help Kyle. This was exactly what I was looking for. =)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin