Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproducible Bug in DOM

Hello,

I've been doing some sim trading using the static super DOM and have noticed a bug that I can reproduce anytime.

While replaying market data and trading like it is a live session, I will often use the middle mouse button to make limit orders on the DOM. Once in a while I place a limit order on the wrong side of the current price, which triggers the error message about placing buy limit orders below market price (or vice versa for sell orders).

Once that happens, the DOM is useless unless I change to a different ATM strategy. My chart shows that an order is pending, but there is nothing in the DOM. And even then when I try to cancel the order using chart trader, it stays there. The DOM does not accept orders, because it thinks the ATM strategy is still working.

So far the only real solution is restarting NT. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
    JH

Jheaster,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? This is located in Help > About. I will attempt to replicate this on Monday when I get live data unless you were experiencing this with market replay.

I look forward to helping you resolve your issue.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the most up-to-date version (7.xxx.8) but I remember having the same problem with .7 as well. I've only experienced the problem with market replay data. But it may happen with live data as well - I just haven't mis-clicked to trigger the bug while live trading.

Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

jheaster,

Thank you for your patience.

I have verified this with Market Replay. I also tested with a live connection and the issue is not present. It seems to be isolated to Market Replay. I have submitted a report to development about this issue.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sim trader glitch

I have a situation wherein I will place an ask order or bid on the sim trader and it will it at a much high or much lower price,making be reluctant to use the live acct?

Comment

Hello,

Trade performance between simulated accounts and live accounts are not the same.

Live fills are based off of real time market dynamics where as simulated fills are based of of price and volume. For more information on the three different ways orders are filled please see: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ime_vs_bac.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes